Halloween.

Options
Is it an unrealistic goal to have lost 70 lbs by Halloween? I ask that because my best friend is leaving tonight to move to another state. She's known for awhile now how much I've wanted this (weight loss) and I just think it would be an amazing surprise for her when she comes back to visit, which is already set for October. Think I can do it?

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Yeah, fairly unrealistic. 70 pounds in 7 months = 10 pounds a month, which is a hard rate to keep up. I think your friend would notice and be thrilled if you lost 30-35 pounds by then, which would give you an easier to live with deficit.

I also think you're the one you need to lose weight for, not anyone else. Best of luck!
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    Oh I'm definitely losing the weight for me. Thanks for your reply.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i have lost 70 pounds in little less than that, but i also had 105 to lose to begin with. I realized quickly that deadlines dont work with weight loss, just do your best and be happy with your progress.
  • ashley085
    ashley085 Posts: 22
    Options
    I think you could do it! Im running about 8 lbs lost a month, if you work really hard and stay dedicated, you could definately pull this off! Good luck!!
  • lisabundy5
    Options
    It can be done, but I agree with others. Set your goal a bit lower and accomplish that. If they are truly your friend they will support ANY weight loss you have had by then. The heavier you are, the more weight you have to lose and you don't look like you have 70 to lose but remember that no matter what you lose, it's passing up everyone around you watching you doing it!
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    i have lost 70 pounds in little less than that, but i also had 105 to lose to begin with. I realized quickly that deadlines dont work with weight loss, just do your best and be happy with your progress.

I have 103 lbs to lose to be at my goal of 120 (I'm only 5'). This is my first goal, I need to lose 70 lbs to be considered "overweight"
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of time-goals when it comes to weight loss. It could make it too overwhelming and make it easier to give up.

Instead, focus on the small victories, like one to two pound losses per week. Those may not add up to what you want by October, but they will add up nonetheless.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    There is only one way to find out: try it! Do you have the time to invest in cooking healthy meals and to spend at the gym working out? If so, I don't see why you couldn't lose 10 pounds a month.