10 Mile Hike - Pictures!!

Options
On Saturday my sister randomly asked me if I wanted to go on a hike...a 10 mile hike.

If it was the me from 2 months ago, I would have said, no way! But, I have been hitting the P90X DVDs pretty hard, so I figured, sure, Ill give it a try!!

And so, we were off. Here are the pictures, it was 5 miles to the end of the trail...and we made it all the way!!

This was in Azusa Canyon CA on the East Fork Trail on to the Bridge to No Where.
(Im in the blue, my sister in white, and her friends are the two dudes.)

River.png
O Noes!! A River Crossing!

bd.png
No worries, I made it! :D

View.png
A view from the trail. The river is on the bottom right.

View5.png
River!

Trees.png
Purdy!

Hiking.png
Into the mountains

RiverCrossin_3.png
Another river crossing

View4.png
You can see my sister and I on the bottom right. :)

View3.png
Another view

View6.png
The trail that ran along the mountain. Some parts were really scary, were it would be barely wide enough for a foot.

View2.png

RiverCrossin.png

RiverCrossin_2.png

BridgeToNoWhere.png
The Bridge To No Where! We were surprised to see bungee jumpers!

I was very happy that I kept up a great pace throughout the hike. I was sore on Sunday and had a minor shin splint in my left leg from Sunday-Yesterday...but it was healed enough for me to hit P90X hard again today. :)

Replies

• HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Makes me want to go for a hike too! Way to go!
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I've done this hike a few times myself....luv it!! :o]
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    U look great, keep it up :smile:
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    How cool is that! You are so lucky your sister called. Beautiful, beautiful and proud of you that you did it.
  • mram81
    mram81 Posts: 15
    Options
    gorgeous scenery! You look great too! Keep it up and send more pics of next time!
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    I love hiking! What a BLAST!
  • Dusty73085
    Dusty73085 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It was a good time! I would like to do another hike again like this, but with a cool waterfall at the end!!

i forgot to mention in my initial post that it took us 4.5 hours from start to finish! :)
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    Cool pictures and very nice scenery. One of my goals was to be in good enough shape to do any activity that comes up. It sounds like you are in the same boat. Keep doing that fun stuff and getting exercise in as a bonus.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Lookin pretty good. Those were some very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.