Snacks

Options
I need some ideas for good snacks. I am doing really well with my meals and wind up being well under my calorie goal for the day, so want some ideas for snacks in the evening.

Replies

• cablesister
    Options
    I've found that by the evening I'm under my calorie goal but close or over on my protein and sugar....i've been struggling with evening snacks without sugar....I've found that microwave popcorn is high enough in fiber to keep me full without adding to my sugar consumption. Hope that helps
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas for good snacks. I am doing really well with my meals and wind up being well under my calorie goal for the day, so want some ideas for snacks in the evening.

Granola bars
    Rice cakes
    fruit veggies
    yogurt
    pudding
    Jello
  • betterbestbestest
    betterbestbestest Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like to eat cereal, with ff milk, granola bars, apples with peanut butter, sometimes (like today) i crave a junk food and if im really under my calories i eat it. But its usually under 200 cals. But thats just me.i feel like it helps me not get bored. Also i like oatmeal, (plain of course) it keeps me from feeling ravenous at meal times. :) hope that helps.
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Celery with and sprinkle of salt and red pepper...don't knock it till ya try it. :) lol Good for the munchies, but not great if you're truly hungry since it's so low calorie.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am more maintaining weight at present but feel free to check my diary for ideas on snacks - Mine are all easy off the shelf things as I ride a motorbike I try to avoid home cooking for daily work meals.

hope you get some ideas =-) p.s: the rice/tuna/cheese/Greek yogurt is friggun delicious (more of a meal but can be cooked/prepared and portioned out)