Dropping Weight in the beginning

Options
2»

Replies

• linsrae1
    linsrae1 Posts: 18
    Options
    I lost really fast in the first couple of weeks on a drastic lifestyle change (I stopped soda, processed junk, surgery cereals, candy, etc. all at once). I lost 10 lbs in one week with minimal exercise. It was quite unhealthy. After 20 lbs I didn't lose for a while...then changed up the exercise and diet plan and proceeded to lose again. I would say the hardest to lose was my last 20 lbs, which I am still trying to lose. My focus has been more of a "lose body fat" type of plan, versus weight. With really healthy eating and a strength training focus I have lost a lot of fat %. The weight also decreases as the body fat % gets lower. Plus, I'm not driving myself insane looking at the scale every minute!!

Now I lose 1-2 lbs a week when I push quite hard, granted I am only 6 lbs from the "lowest you should ever weigh" weight. It takes a lot more effort to lose weight once you hit this point! Not that I'm complaining...I'm super excited to be where I am...It has taken me almost three years to lose this much so it's amazing to be here.

Best wishes!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I changed my habits dramatically. I was actually physically sick for the first 4 days because my body was detoxing from all of the processed crap I lived on. Blech!

First month I lost 18.8
    Second month I lost 13.6
    Third month I lost 8.2 (not so great LOL Coming off the holidays, and had some treats)
    Fourth month I lost 7.8
    Fifth month, so far i'm down 5.4 in 2 weeks

In the almost 5 months i've been eating this way, I have only had 1 gain. It was totally unexpected, and I still don't know why it happened. My body is weird. I eat pretty much the same things each week, and some weeks I lose in upwards of 7 pounds, and other weeks, I lose under 1 pound.

As long as the scale is moving in the right direction I am happy. I try not to judge my success on what the scale reads, because my body fluctuates so much.

I also try to look at my weight loss as a whole, and not necessarily week by week. So far I am averaging just over 10 pounds/month, 2.5/week. I am very happy with that.
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    I found it really easy to lost the first 25kg (44 pounds). Now I want to lose another 10kg and it's taking me forever. But I am doing it the best way, slowly but surely. I am determined I'll get there :) MPF helps track it, that's for sure!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Even though I started out (and am still) very obese, I have never had rapid or easy loss. Maybe it's because I'm over 50 or maybe because I didn't have a high calorie habit like soda drinking that I could suddenly quit. But my weight loss has been steady (usually 1-2 pounds per week, starting at the end of July). Although it would be exciting to lose faster, I am happy that counting calories and exercising 6 days per week is giving me consistent losses.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    This month I lost 16 pds!