OATMEAL what's your recipe?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I love oatmeal crepes.. my fave is savory w/ ham & cheese.

http://www.livelaugheat.com/2010/03/11/3-ingredient-oat-flour-crepes/
  • pipeman1012
    Options
    I usually have for breakfast, one serving of oatmeal, made with dark chocolate almond milk and a banana thrown in. It is my favorite way to eat oatmeal. Otherwise, I'll make oatmeal with skim milk, banana, and a serving of peanut butter.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I like to add a serving of egg whites to my steel cut oats while they are cooking. Makes it creamier and gives it a protein kick. My fave way to eat that is with a dollop of pumpkin butter, some spicy pecans and a handful of pumpkin seeds. Tastes like Autumn in a bowl. YUM!
  • xtina1129
    xtina1129 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal pancakes (Super quick and easy to mix up in the morning!)

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 banana
    1/3 cup egg whites (or 2 eggs)
    1 tsp vanilla
    cinnamon

ALTERNATE INGREDIENTS (I use all of them, usually together)
    PB2
    Blueberries

Mash up the banana in a large bowl. Add in the egg whites, oats, vanilla, PB2 (if used) and cinnamon to taste (I usually do 3-4 shakes) and mix it all together. Once it is mixed, add in the blueberries and stir. Portion pancakes onto a hot griddle. For me, it makes 3 pancakes, but it depends on the size. They take a little longer to cook than most pancakes, so I just flip them when they start to bubble. Let the other side cook, then enjoy!

I eat these almost every morning. They are a little over 400 calories depending on the size of the banana. They have 21 grams of protein, less than 300 grams of sodium (almost none if you use regular eggs) 12 grams of fiber and 6 grams of fat. They are very carby, but so long as you aren't on a low carb diet, that isn't an issue (and if you're eating oatmeal, I'll assume you aren't). They leave me full for hours and are great to eat after a workout.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    rolled oats, little bit of sweetener,semi sweet choc. chips, sprinkle of shredded coconut, and 2 T ground flax.
    like eating a mounds for breakfast.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    BUMP-Thank you!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, ketchup and dill pickle's awesome!!!!!! (KIDDING lol don't try that lol...)

Seriously....simple oatmeal, water and banana's the bomb and so healthy too.

You can make homemade protein bars with it too...very yummy.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    McCann's quick cook Irish Oatmeal+applesauce+cinnamon+vanilla+safflower oil, zap it.

Sometimes I do walnut oil instead of safflower, have to add it after it cooks, as walnut oil is bitter if you cook it. Love my oatmeal, eat it everyday.
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump