looking for people to chat with about loosing weight

Options
I am a 35 year old looking for friends to add.. I have so many questions. .
Main one is do I really need to eat the amount of calories it says to it? I have tried to but it makes me feel sick and im just not that hungry what do I do?
Feel free to add..

Thanks tammy :-)

Replies

• PORSCHEALOVE
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim and boy I'm struggling with this weight loss.
  • HannahMarty
    Options
    Hi all - just joined and looking forward to hear fromanyone who has already lost. LOVE to hear your ideas.
  • fluffymcfluffster
    fluffymcfluffster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. Feel free to ask anything but I am not as knowledgeable as some others on this site. I have lost just over 20 pounds but it took me a long time to figure out what worked for me. I did the eating under 1200 calories but wasn't really losing. Then I tried eating at my TDEE of over 1600 and worked out harder. I lost a few pounds this way but couldn't stick to it. I have now joined Lindora for a program (weight loss like Jenny Craig) and am almost done with it. I have a lot more to go but learned the principles and plan to do on my own. It is low calorie, low carb, high protein. Essentially, I eat every two hours a protein. For breakfast, I can have a protein/fruit, snack of protein, lunch of protein/fruit/vegetable, snack of protein, dinner of protein/fruit/vegetable. I work out at least half an hour to an hour 6 days a week. This is working for me. It keeps me full enough to stick with it for the most part. I just hit the point after about 2 months of this where I fell off the wagon. I am going to try to become re-motivated and more diligent again.
    However, my point with all this rambling - find what works for you that you can stick with. It has to be something you do until it works and then continue it. Read what others are doing on the site but don't fall for quick fixes. Don't starve yourself. Don't give up.
    So - if it is too much to eat and making you feel icky, don't do that...
    Good luck!!!
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Incorporate some strength training into your exercise routine and you will find your appetite on the rise! As well as your metabolism :)
  • MaraPN
    MaraPN Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome
    i have the same problem but as you get going you learn.
    Im getting closer and closer to eat that many calories.But if i dont, i dont worry about it too much.
    Im more focused on eating ,because i used to eat like 2 times a day and snack a lot or just eat unhealthy.
    And on exercising at least 4 times a week.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    add me for motivation and support.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dawn, I'm also 35, and I've lost 60lbs since July 2011 when my 2nd baby was 8 weeks old.

I didn't start using MFP until July 2012, but up to then I was eating about 1200 calories a day and going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, 2 of those times personal training sessions. Then I joined here and started logging, then in Sept I changed my gym routine a bit and started doing spin, aerobics and Zumba. Now I've added other classes like fitball (using a gym ball and doing things like planks, abs, press ups, lunges etc as well as a bit of aerobics) and boxercise. I'd say now I usually have 5 or 6 workout sessions a week.

I upped my calories to around 1500 and that worked and I lost more. Now I have hit a bit of a plateau and I think I need to eat more considering the amount of exercise I do. Plus I run round after 2 kids, and work part time as a teacher. You can eat your calories quite easily without making yourself feel sick! Something like an apple with a bit of peanut butter easily adds calories without being sickly.

Feel free to add me.
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Anyone can add me.
    I hit goal in January and still use MFP to maintain.

Key is to get parameters right at the start as I was eating too low on MFP setting.

For that I used www.fat2fitradio.com
    - Military calculator then calaorie calculator to get TDEE.

Applied the TDEE - 20% rule and it worked a treat.

Hope this helps.
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like... I am back on as of yesterday and ready to kick this in the butt!