donut binge -

Options
I am just starting week 3 of the 6 week shred diet. Couldn't stand it anymore sat morning & had 3 donuts. Had my weigh in this morning (Monday) and lost 3lbs this week - 8.5 last week - My question is-will I pay for the donuts this week or since I ate them on saturday & weighed in on monday was that damage done last week?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have no idea - my question is why would you want to do a diet that leads you to the point of not being able to stand it anymore, and wanting to chow down three donuts? The pounds you've lost so far are likely just water weight, not much, if any, fat.

I set my calories, macros and goals according to the info in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

No restrictive eating plan, no temporary set up to stick to for so many weeks, only return to old eating habits when it's done and gain it all back. If I want a donut, I'll have one and it will likely fit into my calorie for the day. I also still eat pizza, burgers, french fries, drink beer and wine, enjoy desserts - and I've had the best success over the past year eating this way. Of course I don't eat half a pizza in one sitting, or have burgers and fries daily, but often, and it's not restrictive or stressful, and I don't have to panic when a birthday, holiday or night out comes up and fear that I will "blow my diet". I'm not on a diet, I've changed my lifestyle, key word being life - this is a way I can eat for the rest of it, be healthy, feel good, and enjoy losing the fat and keeping it off.

Temporary diets usually give temporary results. Change your lifestyle, learn to eat healthy, do some exercise, get good rest. Rinse and repeat. :tongue:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I have no idea - my question is why would you want to do a diet that leads you to the point of not being able to stand it anymore, and wanting to chow down three donuts? The pounds you've lost so far are likely just water weight, not much, if any, fat.

I set my calories, macros and goals according to the info in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

No restrictive eating plan, no temporary set up to stick to for so many weeks, only return to old eating habits when it's done and gain it all back. If I want a donut, I'll have one and it will likely fit into my calorie for the day. I also still eat pizza, burgers, french fries, drink beer and wine, enjoy desserts - and I've had the best success over the past year eating this way. Of course I don't eat half a pizza in one sitting, or have burgers and fries daily, but often, and it's not restrictive or stressful, and I don't have to panic when a birthday, holiday or night out comes up and fear that I will "blow my diet". I'm not on a diet, I've changed my lifestyle, key word being life - this is a way I can eat for the rest of it, be healthy, feel good, and enjoy losing the fat and keeping it off.

Temporary diets usually give temporary results. Change your lifestyle, learn to eat healthy, do some exercise, get good rest. Rinse and repeat. :tongue:

This!!:flowerforyou:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You're fine. You might need to find a more sustainable diet if you felt out of control. That being said, I ate 28 pieces of pizza for lunch yesterday, but I planned on it and stopped when I hit 4,000 calories. Point being, there's nothing wrong with eating what you want in whatever quantity you want from time to time.
  • jdm1954
    jdm1954 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks AmyRuebarb - That looks interesting & something I will look into - Have to do it at home rather than work
  • galfan
    galfan Posts: 13
    Options
    I understand...I've done similar things myself....but I just get back on the horse the next day....
  • tblackwell1234
    tblackwell1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love this! And when you fuel your body, you feel MUCH better. =) I'm so thankful I am now eating at TDEE-15%. Happy, Happy, Happy!
  • matthewcorb
    Options
    It's impossible to tell really. You can still stick to your diet and be fine with whatever you eat last week.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I am just starting week 3 of the 6 week shred diet. Couldn't stand it anymore sat morning & had 3 donuts. Had my weigh in this morning (Monday) and lost 3lbs this week - 8.5 last week - My question is-will I pay for the donuts this week or since I ate them on saturday & weighed in on monday was that damage done last week?

Find a better and healthier way to eat. Your diet isn't working for you, and that's why your body is rebelling.