Looking for easy and healthy dinner recipes!:)

Options
dorisayson
dorisayson Posts: 8 Member
Any of your favorite/easy/healthy dinner recipes would be helpful! I feel like I'm always making the same things, I would love to have some new ideas! Thanks!!!:)

Replies

• mrs727remedy
    mrs727remedy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has some pretty yummy looking stuff and i bought a bettycrocker cook book on amazon for $13 all the recipes are 300 calories or less.
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    broccoli and beef with some organic brown rice...very simple...

slice the beef stir fry ...broccoli i steam it first then mix with beef make rice poof dinner...
    I use stir fry sauce with ( No preservatives)
  • NancyJeanSmith
    Options
    My sister passed on to me a quick and easy recipe using potatoes.

Take 1 potato wash it and leave the skin on. Cut it into 8 sections and cut those sections into bite size pieces.
    Spray your pan with vegetable spray, put potato in the pan and spray the potato.
    Now for the fun stuff!!! You can use any kind of spices herbs or what ever your heart desires to season them with.
    Put in pre-heated 400 degree oven. Cook for 15 minutes, or until done.

I tried it last night and the spices I used were: Sea Salt, McCormick Lemon Pepper, and a Cajan Spice. It was really good.
    Today I tried, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, and Parsley. I liked it, but not as well as the first one.
    My sister used: Kosher Salt or Sea Salt, Onion Powder, and Sweet Basil. I haven't tried that one yet, as I need to get Onion Power and Sweet Basil. I do plan on trying it.

If you use the foil baking pans they have in the store, there is literally no cleanup except for the fork you use.

ENJOY YOURSELF!!!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    my dinners almost always revolve around a huge serving of roasted veggies, and then I add protein- usually fish, shrimp, a veggie burger, or a Trader Joe's salmon burger (just the patty, no bread). Tonight I ate an entire bunch of asparagus, cut up & tossed in 1 tsp olive oil and roasted at 400 degrees for ~20 minutes. For the protein part, I made a shrimp and avocado quesadilla in a high-fiber flax tortilla. 475 cals and 32g protein for the entire meal, including salsa & light sour cream on the quesadilla. HEAVEN! and I'm so full and happy and satisfied, which is truly the mark of a good meal :)
  • linsrae1
    linsrae1 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love using quinoa pasta (like this: http://www.quinoa.net/145/163.html) in a simple spaghetti and meat-sauce dish. But I add LOTS of veggies into the sauce-onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, bok choy, spinach, kale, etc. I love the added flavor PLUS you can cut down on how much pasta you eat and fill up on the veggie part. If you add a salad also then you are just boosting the nutrition!

I also love the stir fry mentioned above-with chicken, beef or shrimp. Just make sure to add lots of veggies!

Another simple dinner we like is fish, a side veggie like fresh green beans and some quinoa or brown rice. Fish is so good for you and, once you cook it a few times, fairly simple to make. Salmon is the most forgivable to me-whiter fish such as halibut tend to dry out faster. I love to cook any kind of fish in a pat of coconut oil on the stovetop with some pepper, dill and lemon.
  • kaypoole29
    Options
    Shrimp - 1lb Cooked, moist heat,
    Handy - Pasteurized Jumbo Lump Crab Meat, 5 oz
    Cream - Half and half, 16 fl oz
    Pace - Restaurant Style Medium Salsa,
    Bell Pepper - 1 Green
    Onions - 1 Yellow
    Broccoli 2 cups
    Blue Bonnet - Margarine Spread, 1 tbsp

* It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to simmer all together. Makes 6 servings and only 190 calories per serving. Very very low in carbs. If you like the taste of seafood bisque, then this is what you will love. I have eaten this twice a day and trust me, I get full off of this soup.....ENJOY!!!!
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is my favorite site for tasty, healthy food. My family & I have never disliked any of her recipes. You can signup on the website for daily email recipes.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Trip to the Grocery store, stuffed chicken or stuffed pork, bake it to 160 add some steamed broccoli, Yumm
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Turkey Stuffed Peppers

Servings: 6 servings (1/2 pepper) • Time: 55 minutes • Old Points: 4 • Points+: 5
    Calories: 184.7 • Fat: 2.3 g • Protein: 20.8 g • Carb: 20.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g

Ingredients:

1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
    1 garlic, minced
    1/4 onion, minced
    1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp cumin powder
    salt to taste
    3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
    1 cup fat free chicken broth
    1/4 cup tomato sauce
    1 1/2 cups cooked rice (I use brown rice)
    Olive oil spray
    1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (I use fat free cheese)

Directions:

Heat oven to 400°. Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey. Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked rice and meat together.

Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can. Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy.

Ingredients

Serves:Prep: 10minCook: 8minTotal: 18min

•Dressing
    •1/4 cup light ranch dressing
    •1/4 cup mild green salsa
    •2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    •Salad
    •1 tablespoon chili powder
    •1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    •1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    •1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    •1/4 teaspoon salt
    •1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    •1 pound thin chicken breast slices or chicken tenders
    •1 lime, quartered
    •6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
    •1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
    •1/2 cup corn kernels
    •1 medium tomato, chopped
    •1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion

Directions
    1.To make the dressing: In a small bowl, mix the ranch dressing, salsa, and cilantro until blended. Cover and refrigerate.
    2.To make the salad: Coat a barbecue grill or ridged grill pan with olive oil spray, and heat to medium-hot. In a cup, mix the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Rub evenly on both sides of the chicken.
    3.Grill the chicken, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Transfer to a plate. Squeeze the lime over the cooked chicken.
    4.In a large bowl, toss the romaine with half the dressing. Divide among 4 plates.
    5.Sprinkle the beans, corn, tomato, and red onion equally over each serving and top with the grilled chicken. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.

Nutritional Facts per serving

CALORIES 294.6 CAL
    FAT 5.7 G
    SATURATED FAT 0.4 G
    SODIUM 787.6 MG
    CARBOHYDRATES 28.7 G
    TOTAL SUGARS 4.3 G
    DIETARY FIBER 9.9 G
    PROTEIN 34.2 G

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

3 lb. bag of frozen chicken breasts
    1 bottle Frank's Wings Buffalo Sauce
    1 packet Ranch Dip Mix
    • Put frozen chicken, wing sauce, and ranch dip mix into Crockpot.
    • Cook on low at least 6 to 7 hours
    • Shred chicken & return to Crockpot.
    • Cook on low for an additional hour.

These are not my recipes, I found them on Pinterest. Which by the way is an excellent source of healthy/low calorie recipes.