NET your BMR vs EAT your BMR...

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
...which team are you? Why?

I EAT my BMR as a goal, going a bit over, but I don't worry about NETTING it because sometimes my workouts are nearly *AT* my BMR and that's just crazy, eating double BMR. I will go over by up to 200 calories if I've burned over 1000 and I'm hungry though.

I have a thyroid condition but am still losing well, with only a thyroid glitch and TOM stalling me. 13 kg down in 86 days.

You?

Replies

• trudijoy
    Options
    bummmmmp....
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I eat my BMR plus most of my exercise cals. I only do short workouts so I only have about 150-200 extra cals. It's working soo far.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I eat it because my body gets first grab at the nutrition from the food I take in. I rarely eat back exercise and I've survived like this for a long time now. I don't see any bad side effects from not eating exercise back or netting my BMR.
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1176!! If that was my goal I'd starve!!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    My BMR is 1176!! If that was my goal I'd starve!!

lol perhaps this is it? My BMR is 1720. I eat 1800. Some days my workouts are 14-1600 and on those days I try to eat 2000. but if I ate 3300-3400 I'd have issues, and I'm losing doing this, so.....
  • trudijoy
    Options
    I eat it because my body gets first grab at the nutrition from the food I take in. I rarely eat back exercise and I've survived like this for a long time now. I don't see any bad side effects from not eating exercise back or netting my BMR.

cool yeah i guess i view 'calories' and 'nutrition' seperately... i know i need to eat good food to have energy for workouts. I don't believe i need to eat higher amounts of calories :)
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When they say you lose weight, are they talking about BMR including exercise or BMR without??? I've been wondering this too. I consume a lot of calories but burn a lot too.. my supposed BMR is like 2700, I'm eating about 3000 and burning more like 3500 a day... do I need to eat like 2500 to cut, or am I good?
  • trudijoy
    Options
    When they say you lose weight, are they talking about BMR including exercise or BMR without??? I've been wondering this too. I consume a lot of calories but burn a lot too.. my supposed BMR is like 2700, I'm eating about 30000 and burning more like 3500 a day... do I need to eat like 2500 to cut, or am I good?

your bmr is the number of calories you burn by being alive. so the basic amount of food you need.

Some believe you should then eat back what you burn, kinda liek a bank account with funds in, funds out.

Me, i prefer to eat the same amount daily, and not re-eat my excercise cals