Exercising Indoors

Options
I like to go walking outdoors but it's been so cold in the u.k. just lately. I brave the elements to take our pup for a quick whizz round and back, but I need more exercise.

What do you do to exercise in your home (not at the gym)?

Replies

• triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 Day Shred and Leslie Sansone walking videos. They are on youtube!
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a few DVDs that I change round 30 day shred banish fat boost metabolism and killer buns and thighs they don't take long to do but oh my you have a great work out :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You have Leslie Sansome-Walk away the pds indoor walking....All Jillian Michael's(JMBR,6w/6p,Shred and Shed, KB&T), Tabata, P90x, Insanity, TurboFire, Taebo, I keep a mix in my collection so I can always grab and get a quick on in or depending on the intensity I want that day I won't have a problem...
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK too and braved the elements yesterday for a 2 hour hike in the morning! I'm involved in a fitness challenge here on MVP, otherwise there's no way I would have been out in that weather. Still, it was good once I was out there, but I needed the push. Otherwise, fitness videos or PS3 motion games like Dance Star and the fitness one they have.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    all you need is some good weights. even with a really heavy back pack you can do some decent squats(for a beginner)
  • eatwalktaebo
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plMi0qBORes

aside from the occasional 'stroll' on the treadmill, that workout has taken away 2 dress sizes in 4 months :)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Youtube have tons of home workouts videos.

It's a good idea to watch a good few vids, take what exercises work best and create your own routine!
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    There is the Jillian Michaels ones - 30 day Shred, Ripped in 30, Killer Buns and Thighs, BFBM, NMTZ etc.
    Turbo fire
    P90x
    Insanity
    Pilates
    Yoga

And a whole lot more. Amazon is a great place to look for them!
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    I do have a 15 minute cardio DVD but I do exercises inside on my own like mild stretching, push ups, cleaning your house counts as exercise, just put on some music and dance, and aerobic steps without a step bench. I do have Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos but have never gave those a try. I'm thinking of getting rid of them because they are just taking up space. Wouldn't even mind sending them to someone on here if they really wanted them. The closest I get to a gym is my physical therapist for a MCL sprain in my knee.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Have done 30 day shred in the past. Now doing biggest loser last chance. I agree that amazon is a great place for DVDs
  • Wistful100
    Options
    This continual bad weather is getting me down as I love to get outside and walk or cycle but it's too wet everywhere (and for some too snowy now) so I make do with Wii jogging round different island circuits to keep it from getting too boring - follow to the dogs for a change of route if you haven't sussed that out yet. I also challenge my husband to Wii Fit games at weekends or just do the practise mode for the more active sports like baseball and boxing (just forget it's not real and it's amazing how much effort you put in) or the stamina test. Other than that I am lucky enough to have room for a treadmill so I walk on that sometimes but do find it's a bit boring - better than nothing though!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plMi0qBORes

aside from the occasional 'stroll' on the treadmill, that workout has taken away 2 dress sizes in 4 months :)

I love that one! I think I might do that one twice in a row, instead of an HIIT workout and then that. That workout gets me sweating more than HIIT.
  • moby_chick
    moby_chick Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your replies! Great ideas! :happy:
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do p90x (love it!! My fave!!) and insanity, which is a very good workout too. I'd definitely recommend those :)

Edited to add that the 30 day shred is also a great beginner workout so if you are new to exercise you could start there. That's what I did but P90X is so great I wish I would have just skipped the shred lol
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Insanity and kettlebell exercises..