JILLIAN MICHAEL & what she has to say...

Options
MANAGING BELLY FAT...
Here are her top five tips, in her own words:

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ A big part of ab definition is managing water weight. This means that you should reduce your sodium intake to 1,500 milligrams a day and up your water intake to 80 ounces a day. The more water you drink, the less water you will hold.

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Eat foods that are high in potassium (like watermelon). This will help you reduce bloat, giving definition to your abs. Other things to try: cranberry juice mixed with water, dandelion tea, asparagus, and try taking a couple teaspoons a day of apple cider vinegar. This vinegar helps to maintain healthy levels of potassium in your body.

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ You can spot-reduce belly fat, but you have to engage in a regimen that burns body fat. This means counting calories so that you are burning excess body fat.

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ When you hit the gym, go hard. Work at 85 percent of your maximum heart rate for optimal fat-shedding results. Try workouts that are core-based and use multiple muscle groups, like mixed martial arts or Yoga flow.

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Avoid processed foods, alcohol, and lack of sleep. Those three things increase cortisol levels, which is one of the hormones believed responsible for storing belly fat.

Oh and I forgot the S on Michaels...OOPS...

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    wow...thank you! I was thinking today about starting on my tummy area and I love Jillian Michaels...so I shall learn from this info! Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • Wants2bethin
    Options
    Thanks ! Good info
  • manders2
    manders2 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks! That is totally my problem area!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Great information! Seems like I'm doing a lot of the things she mentioned, which is reassuring! I've got a ton of asparagus in the fridge, just started Ab Ripper X last week and plan on doing it 2-3x/week, I drink at least 120 oz. of water a day and have been drinking cranberry juice that's mixed with some other juices, I haven't had alcohol in a couple weeks (trying to lay off 'til I get to my goal weight - we'll see how long I last!), been trying to get at least 8 hours of sleep, and on a good day don't go over 1500mg of sodium...but I only have myself limited to 2400mg since I drink so much water and it seems to work fine for me.

What a boost to know I'm doing MOST of the stuff she said. Not to get to the other things...
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    bump...thanks for the info!:smile:
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Bump
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks!
  • malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Thank you for this good info friend!!
  • Manuka
    Manuka Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks great info! :happy:
  • KathleenAGarrity
    KathleenAGarrity Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks this is great information for those of us who are struggling with this area.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks ,I LOVE Jillian :)