Are still wearing your old/baggy clothes?

Options
I'm just curious to see who does, doesn't & why,
I'll start off, I stopped wearing pjays because I can fit into my actual pants but my shirts are still like 2x bigger than me :tongue:
YOUR TURN!!!!!!! :happy:

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes, I still wear baggy clothes. Part of it is just that I'm so much more comfortable and not outgrowing them, and so happy that my weight's going in the direction I want it to! My husband laughs about it saying my clothes are falling off me.

I have gotten smaller clothes, but I've lost enough that they're baggy now too.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I don't wear my baggy clothes unless I am in between sizes. although my step grandma is such a cheapskate thinks I need to keep my clothes even though they were way to big. how dare me buy me anything at all.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I will wear them as long as I can. and just replace 1 thing at a time. Shirts I can wear longer but pants there is a limit to the saggy bum pants I will wear lol
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Yup, I do that. I ain't gonna buy new clothes now 'cause give it a month or two and they'll be too big. I only buy new bras 'cause that's kinda must.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am currently wearing 1 of 2 pair of baggy pants that I have. I still wear them because I just haven't yet found good replacements for them. I do have a couple of summer shirts that I like so much I will likely wear them anyway.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. They won't order my any new work uniforms until I get down to a large...and as for street chothes, my old ones still look ok, besides I can't afford new clothes right now.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, no, hell no. I don't think I could even if I *wanted* to because I went from a size 14/16 to a 4/6 but I did buy at least some things per size as I was losing weight. I didn't spend a lot or buy a whole new wardrobe per size but that was my 'reward' as I was going down in sizes.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I wear old tops as dresses sometimes with boots and a belt or just wear them to bed.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I've had to get new clothes as I got to different weight losses but at the minute, yes I am wearing baggy clothes. I'm holding off for summer clothes now. I've pretty much reached goal so could justify all new clothes but buying winter clothes would be a waste of money with summer around the corner!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I am slowly replacing my stuff. I get plenty of wisecracks about looking like a bum...I still have my old belt, but i had to punch more holes in it, ha ha.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Yeah most of them I still wear, before I reset my ticker I had lost 50 lbs lol.
    However I did get read of the jeans that were starting to look really frumpy!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    The only big clothes I kept are my robe, because it ties, its soft, comfy and I can't find another one like it in a smaller size. It still looks crazy big on me but oh well. I also kept a few coats that I use for layering now, because they are big. And, I kept one pair of my 'big' jeans to remind me just how big I was, so I never go back there again. The rest were donated to charity or given away.
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    yup! almost everything i own (including workout clothes) are falling off me! BUT i cant afford new clothes yet- and I'm not done losing. When i get to that point, I'll splurge and buy all new clothes- until then i'll deal with the baggy butts and hoping my yoga pants don't fall off during zumba! :laugh:
  • JLR1985
    JLR1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just recently went shopping to update my wardrobe as a reward to myself for losing 15 lbs. All of my work pants were to the point where I didn't even need to unbutton them to take them off, starting to look like clown pants. And my tops...well, it's just embarassing how loose they were.
    I always avoided shopping because I'm a young professional, and it's very hard to find nice clothes in plus sizes for someone younger. But, now that I'm down quite a bit I actually enjoyed shopping. I found pants 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing that fit perfectly and definitely show off all of the hard work I've been putting in to my life style change!
    My next reward shopping trip is at 25 lbs down, and I'm looking forward to it! To keep myself motivated I have kept one pair of work pants in a size 20 to remind myself where I was.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I get rid of baggy stuff immediately. Old baggy clothes gave me an excuse to pig out on food cuz, "hey, i still have my old pants, right??" lol For me they have to go to Goodwill. I only wear stuff that is my size from now on. I buy all my stuff on sale/clearance, 2nd hand stores, and Goodwill so it's not a money issue.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    :happy: For the most part, no!!! Just cleaned out my closet this past weekend and bagged up FIVE bags of clothes. We're talking five lawn and leaf bags! Dropped them off at the local Goodwill store. Looking forward to wearing my "skinny" clothes again and will replace some here and there with new stuff. I wanted to get rid of my baggy clothes, so as not to have an excuse. If I find myself slipping down the road, I'll just have to make adjustments, and get my butt back in gear....I'm not going back to those sizes again!!! :happy:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I kept the baggy clothes "just in case" I needed them again...but some were way too big to even attempt to wear them. I finally packed everything up and took those to Goodwill so someone could get use out of them. I'd replaced items when I found something on sale...and thank goodness there have been a lot of good sales! I also had smaller sizes from the days I was thinner and some still were good to go...not outdated, but simple things. I never thought I'd fit in them again but held on to them in hopes that I'd drop weight.

I was cured of wearing things I thought were still "acceptable" when a lady I volunteer with said, "I don't mean for you to take this wrong, but those pants are way too baggy...you need some new ones!" :flowerforyou: Bless her!
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 14/16 to a 4, so I had to replace everything. I had lots of 10s, 12s, and 14s in my closet already, but once I got into single digits, I started picking up things at the thrift store or off the clearance racks. I get rid of everything that is too big fairly quickly, because I will never need them again.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    T-shirts, yes. Jeans, no. :)