Goal reached but do I carry on? Day 1 > Day 85

Options
Hey Guys,

The images below are from day 1 to day 85. I am now 2 pounds under my target weight but trying to decide if I should carry on losing additonal weight and getting more lean or if I should maintain my current weight.

Do you think how I am now is ok or keep going for extra definition

NewImageSmall_zps6ca4b21a.jpg

Thanks X

Replies

• mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think you look great now, but you know it really comes down to what's going to make you happy.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    If your BMI and BF together indicate that you are in the normal range that may be a good indicator. You may also want to consult your doctor for his opinion. I can really only offer very lay advice. Remember that being underweight is dangerous too. You do look great. I wouldn't mind looking like that one day ....
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    nice job.
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What was your target weight? What % bf are you?

What physique do you want??

Well done I can't wait to reach my target!
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You may not need to lose any more weight to get more definition, just do more weight training.
  • Melissakay1222
    Melissakay1222 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I say stay where you are. You look awesome and should be very proud! I just hit my goal weight on Sunday so now I start maintaining and toning a bit more. Maintaining is the fun part for me! :) NICE WORK!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I think you look absolutely fantastic. No, I wouldn't suggest losing more weight, but if you feel like you're current body shape/size/composition isn't what you were aiming for, go for lifting. :) It's really up to you. I can only say I like your body the way it is, because that's the body composition I'm attracted to. Others will tell you differently.
  • Shane_carruthers
    Options
    I'm not totally sure what my body fat % is as I have done this all by myself with no trainer etc and I am not totally sure how to measure it.

Any help on that would be great.

I feel comfortable how I am now but don't think it would take much to really define my abs etc but don't want to go overboard.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're looking hot.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i think you look good!

but if you want a bit more definition, you dont need to worry about the scale, just work on reducing your bodyfat a little.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    slowly up calories untin eatingt at a surplus... gain weight at 1# a week until you weight about 15-20 pounds more.... then cut the fat again.... thats what id do... youll have a sick 6 pack after that... id guess your about 12-13%

lift heavy...
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

The images below are from day 1 to day 85. I am now 2 pounds under my target weight but trying to decide if I should carry on losing additonal weight and getting more lean or if I should maintain my current weight.

Do you think how I am now is ok or keep going for extra definition

NewImage_zps11a9681e.jpg
    Thanks X

You look great.........:happy:
  • Shane_carruthers
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and compliments guys. Didn't realise these message boards even existed.

Will be using them from now on.
  • Shane_carruthers
    Options
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm not totally sure what my body fat % is as I have done this all by myself with no trainer etc and I am not totally sure how to measure it.

Any help on that would be great.

Grab a tape measure and/or a pair of calipers (only a few bucks from Amazon or GNC) and go here to get an estimate of body fat %:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator
    http://www.webcalcsolutions.com/Fitness-Calculators.asp

It will still just be an estimate (+/- a couple of %), but a good place to start. Some gyms/fitness centers have the high quality bioimpedence scales, and a DXA scan is considered a gold standard these days (not sure where you'd go to get this besides a Dr.)

PS- looking great! I also suggest some weightlifting if you want to keep going.
  • Shane_carruthers
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'm heading to GNC at the weekend so will take a look and yeah have decided that I to up my weight training. I train 3-4 times a week with the majority cardio and one day heavy weights but I am going to go with 2 full days of weight training along side my circuit classes and long distance runs.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    don't lose more. Add muscle.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If your looking for more muscle definition, then you need to stop trying to lose the weight and focus more on weight training. Keep in mind as you build more muscle, you will probably gain some weight back, but it's GOOD weight. Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!