30 days on MFP and the successes I have had so far.

Options
A friend told me about this website a while back and I kind of laughed it off while saying “Yeah right, me and fitness do not mix.” Then one day I decided to check it out and I was hooked. I have now been logging on for thirty days and I thought I would share my progress for those just getting started; especially females in their late forties that think it is a waste of time to start now. I will admit I am not a hardcore exerciser. I turn on the stereo and dance around my home. I do 30 Day Shred about three times a week and I walk quite often at work. That’s it for exercise so far. As for my food choices, I am eating healthier (I think I have consumed more vegetables and fruit in the past month than I have in ten years); but I do not give up my treats for I know that I am not ready to make that big of a drastic change. I may give them up someday; however for now I will have my beer (once a week), my daily chocolate (Hershey kisses kill that urge) or my pizza (goes with the beer)—I just plan for it and I log it.

Starting weight: 217.6
Current weight: 208.0

Fitness level at start:
Jumping jacks –5
Now—85

Pushups—3
Pushups-18

Endurance level-10 minutes (while HEAVILY huffing and puffing)
Now—30 minutes (while just heavy breathing towards the end)

Clothing changes: Belt has been cinched up one and half notches (had to add a middle notch). My used to be tight shirts are loose in the arms and across the chest. I have pants that were skin tight when I started, that now fit comfortably or are on the verge of being very loose.

My energy level has increased, I am sleeping better, I can see the differences in the mirror (things are not hanging like they used to) and yesterday I had a co-worker tell me I was looking very happy (because I am).

All this in just 30 DAYS!!!

If I can get my big booty moving, much less jumping up and down then you can too.

Replies

• christocentrist
    Options
    My weight loss goal is probably a lot lower but I've been at it for a month too, and the changes are crazy!! I used to get half of a regular push-up and now I can do sets of 5 no problem (I kick butt at girl push-ups haha).

Squats too! 50 used to kick my butt and now I get 200 done!!

Congrats on your own small victories!!!! Don't give up!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great job! Isn't it awesome what 30 days can do? Keep up the good work:)
  • sarahsunshine1217
    sarahsunshine1217 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    keep up the great work!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Very inspiring post!!!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The amount of changes in just thirty days is what has amazed me. I so wish I had started on this program twenty years ago, but if I can inspire just one person in their twenties to do it and not waste twenty plus years; then I will be happy.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! Just what I needed to hear :) Congrats to you!
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    That's excellent. This is why the scale is not a true indicator of the weight loss journey. There are so many things beyond the scale, like how you feel, how u can sleep better..or even just feel better. I know as I've (re)started this journey...even after the first day of working out..I just felt happier. Happier to know that even tho I have 100lbs to lose, I am not just sitting around. I am moving..trying!

Congratulations on 30days of awesome and hard work. Your hard work is paying off. I am grateful you've shared your experience. Keep it up :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MJV40
    MJV40 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, how tall are you? It sounds like you and I are about on the same page. This is my 3rd return to this website and it is amazing! I wish I could get over my on again off again weight and exercise band wagon. This site is very helpfull and I'm hoping to stay with it much longer this time. You have done wonderful and I am very exited for you!:smile:
  • CCusedtodance
    Options
    Am an a whole 5'3", and I am pear shaped. So when I say big booty, I mean big booty! :laugh:
  • jbruck1973
    Options
    Yesterday was my 30 days also. I have been doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones 2-3 times per week along with 45 minuites on the elliptical trainer 2-3 per week. I have changed my eating habits DRASTICALLY - many, many, many more vegetables and fruits (which is a milestone for me because I have never really liked fruit at all). Last week I weighed in and found I had lost 5 pounds and 1 inch off of my waist and 1.5 inches off of my hips. My clothes are fitting much better, and I'm actually starting to see a bit of definition in my muscles, particularly my arms, shoulders, and back.

I too am a pear-shaped hourglass figure, so I know what you mean about BIG booty. And unfortunately, I'm finding that this area is the toughest to reduce. I'm very determined though - my 40th birthday is in exactly 72 days and my plan is to be down 2 sizes.

Most importantly though is how much better I feel. I'm one of those who stresses out WAY too easily and the exercise has mitigated that problem. It's also nice how positively my body responds to nutrient-rich food (and how easy it is to notice when I DON'T eat well).

Congratulations on your successes and keep up the good work! :)
  • iwillwearshorts
    iwillwearshorts Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your success. Very inspiring!!! And congratulations to you!
  • CCusedtodance
    Options
    Yesterday was my 30 days also. I have been doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones 2-3 times per week along with 45 minuites on the elliptical trainer 2-3 per week. I have changed my eating habits DRASTICALLY - many, many, many more vegetables and fruits (which is a milestone for me because I have never really liked fruit at all). Last week I weighed in and found I had lost 5 pounds and 1 inch off of my waist and 1.5 inches off of my hips. My clothes are fitting much better, and I'm actually starting to see a bit of definition in my muscles, particularly my arms, shoulders, and back.

I too am a pear-shaped hourglass figure, so I know what you mean about BIG booty. And unfortunately, I'm finding that this area is the toughest to reduce. I'm very determined though - my 40th birthday is in exactly 72 days and my plan is to be down 2 sizes.

Most importantly though is how much better I feel. I'm one of those who stresses out WAY too easily and the exercise has mitigated that problem. It's also nice how positively my body responds to nutrient-rich food (and how easy it is to notice when I DON'T eat well).

Congratulations on your successes and keep up the good work! :)

Congrats on your thirty days of success! I too stress way to easily and at times find myself wanting to just throw in the towel, but when I get that feeling I grab my phone and look at the success stories on this site. It has stopped me in my tracks many times and instead of that burger I make myself go to Subway.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your experience so far. Nine pounds is great, really great, but I also appreciate that you posted your other successes such as looser clothes and tighter belt. This will help new ones to understand that we have to look at the big picture and not just pounds.
    You have such a positive attitude. I'm happy for you. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!