Killer Abs, Jillian Michaels

Options
I am going to start this in a day or two. I just finished the 30 Day Shred and am wondering if anyone else has done both? Any advice or opinions? Also what do you log it as if you have done it?

Replies

• sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Anyone else about to start?
  • finally_getting_fit
    Options
    I did it a few times, but not regularly. I just added it to my usual workout routine every now and then.
    I have a Heart Rate Monitore and log the calories that I burn.
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey! I haven't done them…but my wife swears by Jillian Michaels DVDs. Having seen them…I'd say 30DS culd be logged as circuit training…essentially that's what it is! Hope that helps
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Hey, how did you get on with 30DS any good?
  • crazygirltara
    Options
    I have been doing a couple of Jillian tapes and I read where it was about 200 calories per video for 20 minutes. I log min under kick boxing (that is the one Im doing) but since they don't have the Jullian one listed I alter the calories to 200. If you google "calories burned with" and type the name of the video you can get an idea of how many calories you are burning and of course they will vary but its a good starting point. Good luck - Jullian rules!!
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much rotated among JM vids (except for Yoga meltdown, kickbox and Body revolution). Its okay in the sense that the focus is your core (which is ALWAYS a problem area). After finishing 30DS, I did Ripped in 30 - which has the same system as 30DS but on steroids,LOL. IMO, total body-wise, its more effective. I saw more difference in doing Rin30 than in KA. But KA is still an effective workout. Every single one of JM's vid is. Oh, I count the time of the actual exercise (w/o warm-ups & cool down) and logged it as circuit training. Hope that helps. Best of luck! You can do it! ^^,
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This video is also in my rotation for my non-run days. I just log it as circuit training for 30 minutes. I don't really care about the calories burned as I see it more as toning.
  • sonnybunny100
    Options
    Thanks everyone that does help. I will have to check out ripped after this one! I definitely saw results with the 30DS, I was kind of plateau mode before I started it and I lost about 10 pounds using it and my muscles are definitely more toned.
  • sonnybunny100
    Options
    I did beginner version of level 1 day to start and I will definitely do the advanced version tomorrow, it seemed pretty easy.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have 8 Jillian Michaels DVDs (I'm kind of obsessed) and Killer Abs is my least favorite, but I'm the type of person that would rather get a core workout doing something other than "core exercises", know what I mean? I work out my core by total-body weight lifting and ballet classes. It's ok though and I add it to the rotation every now and then. My favorite JM DVDs are Ripped in 30 and her new one, Hard Body.

Oh and as for logging it, I use an HRM and the last time I did Killer Abs, my HRM said I burned 212 calories in 30 minutes. Something comparable to that in the MFP database would prob be light calisthenics.
  • sonnybunny100
    Options
    Thank you, I am definitely going to have to add ripped to my collection I have been hearing good things.
  • Angela_BB40
    Angela_BB40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you on Monday, April 1. I will finish 30 day shred on Sunday. :)
  • sonnybunny100
    Options
    Congrats! It is definitely something to be proud of! I will only be 2 or 3 days ahead of you so I will be your sneak peak. The beginning moves will probably be too easy in level 1 for you too!