Please post your weight to show how we fluctuate each week?

Options
Bassically so people can see how weight can flucuate and if they are feeling a bit angry, upset, down etc because the scale has not moved for 3 weeks they can see how it has turned around for other people ie where people have suddenely lost 2 lb in a week and that it was just water or water ever....

Mine:

sometimes i thought i had lost 2lb a week but actually i hadnt over all

Replies

• Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Mine has been known to fluctuate between 119 and 124 now. However, it depends on the clothes I wear as well as if I just ate. I'm not really accurate with taking my weight, I just watch my performance...
  • flex500
    flex500 Posts: 63
    Options
    this is always a tough one for women and it can be very frustrating. Sometimes you feel so good because you "lost weight" then the next day you are 2 pounds heavier. It can definitely mess with you mind.

239.4 yesterday morning
    247.8 yesterday night
    235.4 this morning

my weight fluctuates almost 10 pounds daily. Obviously the bigger you are and the more muscle you carry the more your weight can and will fluctuate especially depending on carb intake
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    this is always a tough one for women and it can be very frustrating. Sometimes you feel so good because you "lost weight" then the next day you are 2 pounds heavier. It can definitely mess with you mind.

239.4 yesterday morning
    247.8 yesterday night
    235.4 this morning

my weight fluctuates almost 10 pounds daily. Obviously the bigger you are and the more muscle you carry the more your weight can and will fluctuate especially depending on carb intake

Good point, i agree with this as I think your musles sometimes need to retain water so the more muscle you have the more water you can retain....?
    I shoould this week be 117 by friday but this morn I was 120.4! but my womany ways have been rather messed up atm so that might be it
  • staceycanada
    Options
    It is interesting to see that you are getting the back and forth fluctuation I am.
    I will edit with mine.

*I would add mine but just relised I'm not tracking my weight on the days it goes up.
    I will start to do that because it is interesting.

Overall it's a loss though.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Although I weigh daily I don't record my weight but I get do get very dramatic swings - 8lb in a week is my "record" and up to 5lbs in a day is not that uncommon.

Monday morning - 177lbs (3lbs over my goal)
    Tuesday morning 172lbs (2lbs under goal)

Doesn't worry me in the slightest - just makes it harder when someone asks how much you weigh. :smile:
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer in weighing once a week, same time of day, same conditions ... something like, on Wednesday morning before the morning coffee and after the morning tinkle. Eliminating as many variables as possible. With that being said, I was curious about daily variance and did keep track of a week long period a short while ago.

Tuesday: 142
    Wednesday: 142
    Thursday: 139
    Friday: 139
    Saturday: 142
    Sunday: 143
    Monday: 141
    Tuesday: 140

I lost 2 lbs. in one week, but on Sunday, I thought I was in trouble. heh.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to vary between 225-230lbs.
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    Options
    200.00 lbs Yesterday
    199.06 Last Monday

Mine fluctuates as i fasted mid week and then as per usual F***ed up my diet over the weekend.
  • fmaninchedda
    Options

A peak at 73.5 (162 lbs) and a low weigh in at 71.8 (158), I'm probably somewhere around 160 lbs. Always measured in the morning.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I record it on a weight loss App. This shows that although it flutctuates, there is an overall trend thank goodness.

izpyk2.jpg
  • emma155
    Options
    I record it on a weight loss App. This shows that although it flutctuates, there is an overall trend thank goodness.

izpyk2.jpg

What is this app called? Might try it.
  • emma155
    Options
    I think I might start to weigh every day and plot some sort of grath and find the average....
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I think I might start to weigh every day and plot some sort of grath and find the average....

The app is called Libra. Very basic, but does the job. It's in Google Play Store
    Good luck
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    mine is anywhere from 162.4lbs - 158.2lbs depending on the day
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My weight is all over the place - over the last 3 weeks it has dropped twice to 205 then back up to as high as 214 and every number in between. it seems to be drifting back to about 205 but I have been increasing my weights/food intake and doing lots of different exercise that I am adjusting to like hiking and hill walking - I can see without doubt that my waist and hips are reducing and I can actually see real definition in my arms too - I am looking at the scales as a curiosity as I increase my fitness and lose inches.
  • flex500
    flex500 Posts: 63
    Options

239.4 yesterday morning
    247.8 yesterday night
    235.4 this morning

Good point, i agree with this as I think your musles sometimes need to retain water so the more muscle you have the more water you can retain....?
    I shoould this week be 117 by friday but this morn I was 120.4! but my womany ways have been rather messed up atm so that might be it

the more muscle mass the more glycogen and water weight you carry. Here is an extreme example to show that point....

day of bodybuilding competition 202
    one week later 252

If I go a day a day and don't eat carbs and drink little water I'll lose 15 pounds. However...none of that is fat gain or loss.

This is why weighing daily is so tough mentally on people. It's tough for women to let go of the scale but honestly measurements and the mirror are such a better guide once you are in a healthy weight. Meaning if someone is morbidly obese they need to flat out lose weight for their health. but once women get to that 130 pound and less area you can lose your mind worrying about a pound here and a pound there and you are better off just focusing on your diet, your workouts, and the mirror.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am currently 6lbs lighter than I was on Friday morning..... TOM started Saturday. I have to weigh myself every day otherwise I would lose my mind with these fluctuations.

Edit to add: plus I started a new heavy lift cycle last Wednesday and that always keeps my weight up for 3-4 days then I get a big whoosh.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Friday - 3/15 - 122.5
    Thursday -3/21 - 125
    Friday - 3/22 - 124.3
    Tuesday 3/26 - 122.1
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is why I dont post my weight regular ...like some will say (name) has lost 0.8 pounds and dont get me wrong a loss is a loss,but I like to have it stay permanent cause mine will go up and down depending on what time of day or night it is. and its really fustrating!! So now I just weigh once a month,and look for other signs of weight loss... :))
  • gem192
    gem192 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous thread, thank goodness it's not just me. The fluctuations really make me doubt myself and scared that I'm gaining it all back again no matter what I do. My body will lose, but then go up again right after before settling down again. I think of it (probably totally wrong!) as I go through phases of losing weight, then trimming down (my body 'rearranging' the fat) then I'll lose a bit more, etc...