Are still wearing your old/baggy clothes?

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    For awhile I was able to "shop" my own closet. Coats and jackets are still too big. Waiting for fall to replace them. I've been doing thrift store shopping. I still have a long way to go so I'm not buying new for awhile.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Im lucky in that i kept my smaller clothes so even though theyre a little dated they will do as Im losing weight, plus i wear leggings and my husbands shirts when im just rattling around at home, my bigger problem is important occasions coming up this summer as i dont know what size i will be and i hate leaving shopping to the last minute as well as the cost. I have bought the next size down as achievable for one particular event in 4 months, my daughters graduation, I bought a formal jacket and matching dress and there is a gap of 2 inches at the front of the jacket at the moment haha , trus tme i will get those buttons done up if it kills me , although i sincerely hope i dont look like ive tried to put the skin back on a sausage with the buttons popping off
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Yes, stupid me threw away all my size 32 and 34s thinking I will never wear them....Here we are and I'm making more holes in the belt....
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    :happy: For the most part, no!!! Just cleaned out my closet this past weekend and bagged up FIVE bags of clothes. We're talking five lawn and leaf bags! Dropped them off at the local Goodwill store. Looking forward to wearing my "skinny" clothes again and will replace some here and there with new stuff. I wanted to get rid of my baggy clothes, so as not to have an excuse. If I find myself slipping down the road, I'll just have to make adjustments, and get my butt back in gear....I'm not going back to those sizes again!!! :happy:

Sounds like, between you, me and others, Goodwill is well stocked. When I take my "too big" clothes in, I also say a little prayer that whoever needs them will be able to get healthy and lose their weight...and then take the clothes back to Goodwill for someone else.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    We have fantastic used clothing shops with many brand new, very nice clothes. It really helps to get rid of the baggies and find something that fits at a reasonable cost.
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally guilty, but I'm ever so slowly buying some new items. I was told the other day that I really need to get some new jeans because the ones I was wearing looked SO baggy on me, Lol - even with the belt on the last hole, yay! And I second the motion of checking out consignment shops - you can get some great deals on gently used clothing that still look great, without having to spend too much $ - especially if you know you still want to lose more weight.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I went through my bags of clothes that I had gotten too large for and tried them all on. Now I have some nice jeans that fit better and shirts I wouldn't have dared to wear at the beginning of the year. And I'm trying to figure out how to set up a local clothing swap to get rid of the bigger stuff and maybe pick up a couple more sexy jeans.
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, yes I am. I didn’t want to spend money on new clothes as I continue to lose weight, but my old clothes are starting to look ridiculous, so I am buying some new clothes as soon as I get a chance and I am sure I will hold on to them far too long as well.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am, at least some of them. I have put a few pants in the donation bag because they just look awful and I wouldn't dream of wearing them to work. Others I am still cinching on with a belt and trying to smooth out the unsighlyt bulk in front.

I have bought a couple of new pieces though so I'm not always wearing baggy stuff.

My next buy will be a new pair of jeans.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing the baggy stuff, though I've finally been able to buy two new pairs of work pants. I was using safety pins to cinch in the old ones, why don't dress pants have belt loops?? I have no idea where to shop anymore! I always did my shopping at Lane Bryant and was a reliable size there. When I went on the hunt for new pants, NOTHING FIT. I'd try 3 different sizes, every cut/style there was. I tried EVERY single pair of pants at kohl's, target, old navy. Gap trousers were the only thing that worked.

With everything having so much stretch built in, I don't know what a proper fit is anymore. I risked it on a pair of Target pants. I bought them so they just fit, but after wearing them once they were stretched out beyond belief. I usually wear work pants twice before I wash them, those will have to be a once off. Does anyone make pants that can actually make it through the day and retain their shape?? Shopping for new clothes was my biggest motivator, but all I'm finding are cheap stretchy materials. So I make due with my baggy stuff until I get nearer to my goal weight and I'll be more willing to spend money on stuff I know I won't shrink out of.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I had some older, smaller clothes hanging about, so that helped with the smaller wardrobe. I do wear some of my larger shirts, but all of my pants and skirts had to be replaced because they literally were falling off of me! What I do is hit clearance racks and places like Nordstrom Rack/ Beall's Outlet to get stuff that fits without spending a lot. I'll also pick up cheap things I see in sizes I'm not in yet, but will be if it's cheap enough and I have the money. It's nice to have clothes that fit. :)

I *DID* have to spend a little more on jeans since I seem to have the opposite problem that a lof of women have; I have thin hips and thighs, but a broader waist, so all pants are baggy. The jeans that worked were some Lauren Conrads I found at Kohl's, but I bought a size smaller purposely since jeans do relax when you wear them to get more wear out of them. They're starting to get baggy, though. Nothing odder than baggy skinny jeans O_o

This is not a problem I'd thought I'd be dealing with a year ago when I was 250 pounds.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm currently wearing pajama pants and a shirt that are both 2X and I'm currently an 8/Med.Yes, I look ridiculous. The pants despite the drawstring and how tightly I tie them, still fall down all the time. But, they are comfortable, so I've hung onto them. Besides those items, I have given away all my older,bigger clothes.The largest size I have in my closet are size 10 pants and large shirts. I found that wearing my older, bigger clothes sorta messed with my head, so the PJs will probably be replaced soon too. I'm moving forward and have no intention of going back to my unhealthier days...
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have gotten smaller clothes, but I've lost enough that they're baggy now too.

The same is happening for me too. I've gotten smaller clothes, but now they are too big. I am currently pinning my size 10 pants. I bought 2 pairs of 8's and noticed that they are a little loose. I guess that I will wait until I notice that I am at a stand still. I don't want to keep buying the "wrong" sizes.
  • jennamt87
    jennamt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do still wear some of my baggy dress pants to work. Mostly I just don't get rid of them because I'm always a little afraid that someday, they won't be baggy anymore! :-\ I know that's a bad attitude, but you just never know!!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yes, because they are familiear, and paid for. And, I don't know how much smaller I'll get before leveling out.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am....mostly because I'm too cautious about my money to buy smaller sized full length pants when I'll soon be wearing capris. I hope to be even smaller by fall, so I'll have to buy something new then.

Also, it feels good when people say "you're swimming in those clothes...how much weight have you lost?". Lol.
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had to stop, I looked ridiculous. Well, more ridiculous than usual, let's say, with the XL's hanging off of me and pants bunched up at the waist. Bought a new set of winter stuff in November, finally. I do have a lot of summer stuff from when I weighed this much before, but I believe I need some new stuff there too.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I still wear them sometimes until I was told i looked like a healthy crack head. I had alterations done on my slacks and I'm replacing jeans and shirts as the budget allows.
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've bought a few pairs of pants and taken out my bra extenders.
    I just wear baggy shirts. hahaha.
    (by a few pairs of pants, I really mean like two)
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yep mostly, though did buy a few tops (in size L!!!!! big thing for me, used to XXL or tight in XL) this weekend, but generally I am refusing to buy new clothes till am down to the target weight/ body fat % otherwise will have to buy again. And also gives me the motivation to get there.