Sweet tooth

Options
I HAVE to have something sweet everyday.. and I'm getting tired of sugar free jello pudding things and things like that.. yesterday i had a york peppermint pattie and half of a choco taco.. and it fit inside of my calorie intake for the day and i also worked out.. is it okay to treat myself with fatty high calorie sweets like once a week as long as the other 6 days i have some like the pudding or frozen yogurt or something..

Replies

• noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I enjoy sweets daily too and have found a satisfying substitute with Wyler's frozen italian ice popsicles. They are the liquid ones in the clear wrapper and then you freeze them. They are very tasty. I found them at CVS for less than $2 a box and a box has lasted me going on 3 weeks now and i eat them daily. they are 25 calories a popsicle and come in a variety of flavors. They are not like hard ice like the generic ones, but a much softer, smoother ice.

Cures my sweet tooth most of the time.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It's OK to treat yourself. Just log it and pay attention to not over indulge. Don't beat yourself up. Just remember moderation.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    How about a peanut butter luna bar or a white chocolate macadamia luna bar?
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Most of the dietitians I know eat very healthily and most of them eat chocolate every day! Just a 25g portion so enough to give the taste with not too many calories. As long as you are having foods high in nutrition the rest of the time, I think small treats daily are ok.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I take two Dove Promises dark chocolate squares (45 calories each) and melt them in the microwave. I can dip about 6 strawberries in this amount. Refridgerate for 2-3 hours until the chocolate hardens. VERY satisfying, all natural and only about 110 calories!
  • pbell
    pbell Posts: 15
    Options
    i stick to the sugar free jello and puddings too but like you eeeeevery once in a while i gotta cheat...lol what i have tried to do is keep f the skinny cow ice creams in the house. i dont think they are sugar free just portioned so you are eating a decent amount of calories and are super yummy. oh and one more thing, yoplait has a blueberry pie yogurt that if they ever stop selling i will boycott the company. if u havent already tried it do it!!! lol
  • KathleenAGarrity
    KathleenAGarrity Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Special K bliss bars are good when you need a sugar fix (I like to have them after lunch with my cup of tea! Yum!) - and I love love love frozen grapes! So sweet and cold and soft and yummm!!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I thought I just had a sweet tooth too,until I cut out processed sugars completely and stopped craving anything sugary. I would wholeheartedly recommend it....I couldnt get through a day without some chocolate or a biscuit. Now I have something sweet when I fancy it, but don't need ot every day. Failing that,aero yoghurt/mousse are good...less than 100 cals per pot.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    As far as GI and GL are concerned, the best treat to treat yourself with is a few Peanut M&M's.

I'm on a strict low GI diet and these still fit in my category of under 50. I find I can have a few (and even a few more than a few) and my diet is still on track.
  • lincolns
    lincolns Posts: 42
    Options
    I take two Dove Promises dark chocolate squares (45 calories each) and melt them in the microwave. I can dip about 6 strawberries in this amount. Refridgerate for 2-3 hours until the chocolate hardens. VERY satisfying, all natural and only about 110 calories!
    That sounds yummy. Thanks for the idea!-)

I also HAVE to have something sweet everyday. I usually keep hershey sugar free dark chocolate miniatures or a small carton of frozen yoguart in the freezer. I eat a very lowfat diet, so a little extra fat doesn't hurt. I just have to make sure I don't go overboard!
  • keliduggan
    keliduggan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Strawberries dipped in Sugar Free, Calorie Free, fat Free WALDENS FARMS chocolate fruit dip= HEAVENLY!
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Dates dates dates!!!!!!!!!!