Hi all!

Options
I'm Rebecca - I've been using MFP for a few weeks now, just now getting around to exploring the community side of it. I'm 23 and I've been struggling with my weight my whole life. It's time to get serious about my health and put some serious effort into staying motivated. I definitely think that a support system is one thing I've been lacking in my past efforts to lose weight and one of the many things that have resulted in throwing in the towel time after time. I'm really interested in seeing what online friends and support can bring to my weight loss journey!

I'm 23, a senior year Psychology student, and a caregiver. I'm about 5'3 and my starting weight was 222 lbs. My long term goal is 100 lbs (which obviously may be adjusted down the line).

Looking forward to making some friends!

Replies

• Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome.
  • cablesister
    Options
    Welcome. I've been doing MFP on off for sometime....but recently my husband reminded me that it will be boating season soon. That means being in a bathing suit every weekend day. I started to focus on getting this weight monkey under control and really started paying attention to what I eat. MFP has helped realize how much sugar I consumed on a daily basis. I have made some changes and feel a lot better. Hope this community provides you with the support you need to meet your goal.
  • sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just saw your post on the message board. I am also (almost) 23, and am in University studying to be a music therapist...so I'm very involved in psychology as well! I'd love to be your friend and find some more similarities and support each other!

Anyone is free to add me:)
  • juleskitcat
    juleskitcat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I've just logged on and created my account. My goal is to go from approx. 193 (i'm travelling right now with work so am not 100% sure of my wt!) down to 125'ish. I'm hoping it is not a pipe dream. It's been hard for me to lose weight (not that i've spent much time trying) while I travel for work. The restaurants and good food is just too tempting for me. I am going to try and just, at the beginning, cut down on the CARBS and misc. calories. My intent is to start Dr. Berstein's Diet on April 8th to really kick off the progress. I've done is SEVERAL times and I've found the that discipline and having someone weigh me 3 x a week helps. I hope to also find a good support group here at MFP. :D Good luck with your goal !!!!
  • Getit_Simpson
    Getit_Simpson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello Rebecca!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just saw your post on the message board. I am also (almost) 23, and am in University studying to be a music therapist...so I'm very involved in psychology as well! I'd love to be your friend and find some more similarities and support each other!

Sent you a friend request
  • arojas1227
    arojas1227 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been using MFP for a while now. I lost 43 lbs in 10 months, but since September have been kind of up and down with the same 5 lbs. I feel like I'm finally back on track, but I could really use some support! :) I'm 19, and in my second year of studying psychology. I'd love to add you or any other supportive friends. :D
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Why would you set a goal below a healthy BMI? (I am curious about an answer to this from a psychology major).

Btw, I had a coworker that was 100lb. She was a tiny frame Asian woman and still you could see every bone in her face, knees, hands.
  • rebeccamikkel
    rebeccamikkel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I should have written that more clearly - I meant that my goal is a loss of 100 lbs, not to actually weigh 100 lbs.
  • rebeccamikkel
    Options
    I'm Rebecca - I've been using MFP for a few weeks now, just now getting around to exploring the community side of it. I'm 23 and I've been struggling with my weight my whole life. It's time to get serious about my health and put some serious effort into staying motivated. I definitely think that a support system is one thing I've been lacking in my past efforts to lose weight and one of the many things that have resulted in throwing in the towel time after time. I'm really interested in seeing what online friends and support can bring to my weight loss journey!

I'm 23, a senior year Psychology student, and a caregiver. I'm about 5'3 and my starting weight was 222 lbs. My long term goal is 100 lbs (which obviously may be adjusted down the line).

Looking forward to making some friends!

Clarification - long term goal is a LOSS of 100 lbs, 100lbs is not my goal weight!
  • rebeccamikkel
    Options

My mom graduated with a degree in Music and was a music therapist! Very cool.
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 23, I graduated last year with my bachelors in nursing. Still trying to lose the weight I gained while going to school, plus some :) Feel free to add me!