How do you make sweet potato fries?

Options
1235»

Replies

• cottagegal1
    cottagegal1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I read to get them crunchy dip them in egg white then bake....have not tried it but makes sense??
  • ljl150
    ljl150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump, great suggestions.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have been doing sweet potato chips a lot lately, and I usually toss them with some olive oil, bake at about 400 degrees for about 30 minutes total, flipping over halfway through. I usually line my cookie sheet with parchment paper, not sure you need to but the recipes I saw suggested it. I usually put a little salt on mine too, because it cuts the sweetness of the potato just enough so you get that good "chip" feeling
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    How long do you cook them? Can you put cinnamon and splenda on them before you cook them?

Yes, just use a little brown sugar with your cinnamon, though....sooooooooooooooooo YUMMY!!!
  • cnf2013
    cnf2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I slice mine using a mandolin slicer so they're uniform in size. I keep the skin on, spray a cookie sheet with either olive oil from a misto or some Pam. Place the slices on the sheet so they don't overlap. Spray the tops of them. Stick them in the oven preheated to around 425. Let them cook until the are soft and slightly browned. Flip them over and cook another 10 minutes. They come out pretty crispy this way.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    All these recipes sound good and I love sweet potato fries. Can't wait to try one of these out!
  • jrmommy23
    jrmommy23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisaann7089
    Options
    :love:
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nana82Much