Low energy

Options
Does anyone have any tips on how to get my energy levels up? I am REALLY struggling. I have a 7 week old and a 5 year old so sleep is a joke right now. I’ve been at work for a week now and it’s been so hard not to fall asleep at my desk. I’ve been napping when I can and I walk on my breaks at work 3 times a day for 15min at 3.5 trying to boost myself up but it just doesn’t seem to help enough. Feel free to look at my diary. I haven’t been on MFP for very long so there isn’t a lot there, I go vegetarian as much as possible so please do not tell me to eat more meat ( this always my husband’s suggestion :tongue: ) TIA!!!

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Your diary's closed.
  • carrun86
    carrun86 Posts: 12
    Options
    its open now, sorry about that
  • carrun86
    Options
    Bump
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Okay, your eating seems to be all over the place. Over (sometimes way over) on calorie goal one day, considerably under the next, then over again, one day after a big feed your net was so low (163!) you seemed to be hell-bent on punishing yourself but good for your indulgence the day before.

This suggests to me that your daily goal may be too low. Not eating enough often leads to binges because your body needs nutrients, and is going to encourage you to get them any way it can. Then it starts up a cycle where you deliberately undereat the next day to make up for overeating, which only leads to another binge a day or two later. And, of course, low energy.

Check this out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0 and do some calculating to see whether you might need to up your daily goal.

Eat enough and your energy levels should go up, and you should also be able to stick better to your daily calorie goals. Best of luck!
  • carrun86
    Options
    I didnt really start to try and lose until this week, thats why its so up and down for the weekend. And we had our Easter ( no self control that day, yikes!! ) Are there any foods that will help with the energy? im really bad about just wanting to take a caffine pill and I know how bad that is for you so im trying stop that nonsense. I will def up my cals with good foods and see if that helps.
  • sugarbuddha
    Options
    Wouldn't expect to have much energy at the moment, but may be worth a blood test? When my daughter was tiny, despite eating well, I ended up with anemia. Sister working full time with 2 non-sleepers was the same til she started eating a bit of meat and fish every now and again. She has always taken iron supplements but they weren't that effective.. She now runs 20 mins a day and has lost over 2 stone in 6 months.
    Alternatively, mangoes, cashews, swede, and beetroot for energy boost?
  • carrun86
    Options
    Okay, your eating seems to be all over the place. Over (sometimes way over) on calorie goal one day, considerably under the next, then over again, one day after a big feed your net was so low (163!) you seemed to be hell-bent on punishing yourself but good for your indulgence the day before.

This suggests to me that your daily goal may be too low. Not eating enough often leads to binges because your body needs nutrients, and is going to encourage you to get them any way it can. Then it starts up a cycle where you deliberately undereat the next day to make up for overeating, which only leads to another binge a day or two later. And, of course, low energy.

Check this out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0 and do some calculating to see whether you might need to up your daily goal.

Eat enough and your energy levels should go up, and you should also be able to stick better to your daily calorie goals. Best of luck!

thank you for the link! according to this i am eating 3oo calories to little ( on the days i followed the plan lol ). i will def try to increase now and i am for sure sticking to this!
  • MikeT407
    MikeT407 Posts: 4
    Options
    I would suggest balancing your meals. The carbs seem to be very high most days. Complex/slow digesting carbs will keep energy levels constant (looks like you may be having insulin spikes from too many simple carbs and you crash during the day). You could follow a custom 40/40/20 macro split (40% Protein, 40% Carbs and 20% Fats) and start skimming away calories from your carb sources first to help with weight loss goals.