Always going over my sugar!

Options
sgcadola
sgcadola Posts: 35 Member
Almost every day I end up going over my sugar intake for the day. However, I'm not eating unhealthy. It's coming from fruit like strawberries, blueberries and my daily apple? Is this sugar intake bad or what? Advice please and no sarcastic mean replies please!

Replies

• antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    yeah i have been eating a lot of strawberries which has sugar in it. it has natural sugar so its good for you! and has alot of vitamin C and its been said cuts down risk of cancer as well! its better than sugars in other forms that are not fruits!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If you are not a diabetic, then you don't need to worry about this. You may want to remove it from your diary altogether. IMO
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Dont worry about it. I usually am in the negative range on sugar just after breakfast alone and I eat whole grain cereals. As long as you are not just sitting and eating teaspoons of it, you should be ok. Some is healthy for you anyways, especially if you are working out. I almost considered taking it off my tracker but then again I like to see how much is in the food I am eating too so I stopped letting it bother me when I was over so soon in my day. I eat pretty healthy too but you'd just be surprised at where that darn sugar sneaks in. :-)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    If you are not a diabetic, then you don't need to worry about this. You may want to remove it from your diary altogether. IMO

this....

im rather fit and i only really watch protein, fat, carbs, and fiber...... i dont care about anything else
  • syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    The only sugars you should worry about are ADDED Sugars, anything natural from fruit and what not should fine for you. Unless as mentioned you are diabetic or have some other related ailment.
  • Casey41213
    Casey41213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I posted this same questions - the best answer I got was that if it is from healthy sources, don't count it - because it counts as carbs too - so if you stay below our carbs you will be good!
  • mandif40
    mandif40 Posts: 10
    Options
    I wondered the same because I went over my sugar. But most of the other posts say as long as it is natural sugar from the fruit or vegetable and not added sugar then it is not something to worry about. I guess it just means we need to watch other foods for any added sugars.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    If it's not HFCS or other added, refined sugar this should not be big problem BUT, I have found in my personal experience that too much natural sugar CAN lead to weight loss sabotage.
  • sgcadola
    sgcadola Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ok that is what I thought, but just needed a little reassurance! I don't usually go in the negative by too much, but seeing that red always made me wonder if I was doing something wrong.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Been avoiding fruit because of going over glad you posted this
  • NickFiedlerswife
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this, because I too am ALWAYS AND forever over my sugars...nRight after breakfast and I'm thinking to myself I can't get enough calories in because I am already over on my sugar and EVERYTHING seems to have suger in it!! :-) I just don't let it bother me too much anymore.....
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    Dont worry about it. I usually am in the negative range on sugar just after breakfast alone and I eat whole grain cereals. As long as you are not just sitting and eating teaspoons of it, you should be ok. Some is healthy for you anyways, especially if you are working out. I almost considered taking it off my tracker but then again I like to see how much is in the food I am eating too so I stopped letting it bother me when I was over so soon in my day. I eat pretty healthy too but you'd just be surprised at where that darn sugar sneaks in. :-)

This. :)
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I got sick of looking at my sugar being over everyday, so I switched that entry to calcium.

Now I'm sick of looking at my calcium being under everyday. :frown:
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I follow a diabetic food plan and the fruit that is suggested puts me over before lunch. I figure that if the doctors that set up this plan say the natural is okay I'm okay.
  • sarahbai1
    Options
    I agree that sugars in Fruit and veggies are not as bad for you as added sugars but having to much sugar can hinder weight loss. I was having the same issue recently simply eating a banana in the morning and an apple in the afternoon. I talked to my sister about it because she has studied nutition and been very successful at weight loss in the past and it really can hinder losing weight. But fruit is good for you so I wouldn't over analyze it to much. I have decided to cut out one of my fruit snacks per day so that I am not eating double the amount of sugar I am supposed to. I'm not to worried if I go a little over.
  • fallywags
    Options
    I am VERY new to this but already annoyed. My daily banana at breakfast and Granny Smith apple at lunch are almost enough to put me over each day. My calorie count is waaaaaay lower than my daily goal (partly from working out) but my sugar and protein always goes high. I see that some of you mentioned getting rid of the sugar column so you aren't seeing it come up. How do I do that? I feel much better knowing I am not the only one sensing a problem here. It isn't practical or safe (for vitamin purposes) to cut fruit from your diet (in my mind anyways).
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Fruit will ALWAYS throw you over your sugar limit. Ignore it unless you are a diabetic, in which case you know to avoid fruit anyway right?

Focus on your macros instead. Also remember that when you read a food label, the total carbs includes the total sugar content so ignore it on labels as well, again unless you are diabetic.
  • celestelovesmoney
    Options
    I'm also really glad you posted this because I've been literally depriving myself because I have found myself in the negatives and I would be miserable!
    Thanks to everyone who posted.
  • lindaniswandermccoy
    Options
    Me too...I am eating everything on my plan, but I am going over my sugar it seems by lunchtime. My dietitian is going to give me some help...maybe I can let you know what she says. It worries me because of my Type 2 Diabetes. Otherwise, feeling great and losing. Good Luck to you. Oh, I was told the berries are really good for you and the best fruits to eat...so good job!!!! Almost forgot, I was told when I eat a fruit just make sure I pair it with a protein...I guess it helps - I am really new to all this.
  • victoriawil
    victoriawil Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In Mike Matthews book, he says you never hear anyone say "I was skinny, then I ate a load of fruit and got really fat"!