polar ft4

Options
I have a question maybe a little dumb but I set my polar fitness hrm yesterday and I wet the straps like it told me too but it calculated just my workout time. It said no zone and no calories burned. Could it have been that I didnt wet them enough ? I know that I was working hard doing Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred because I was tired and sweating my butt off.
This was my first time using the HRM so Im new to it.

Thanks for your help
Be :smile:

Replies

• 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When you go to training mode it should detect your heart rate and say heart rate okay, or check transmitter if its not working. Make sure you start in training mode.
  • Angie1366
    Angie1366 Posts: 85
    Options
    Did you press start and look for the little heart flashing.. I have a polar, not ft4 but - did you set up your age and stuff in it when you first got it? Is the strap in the right place (I tuck mine under bra). lay with it right now see if you get your heart rate.

Also - I forgot first time after I pressed start once, it shows it is monitoring the heart, THEN I have to press START again to start the stop watch. If you do not start the stop watch is does not record the event, maybe that is what you didn't do?

Hope that helps.

30 day shred gives me about 17 minutes in the "Own Zone" Good luck!
  • bebegettingtheweightoff
    Options
    I set everything up and I did hit start once but I guess that could be it or the transmitter Thanks !