Finished Stage one of NROL4W

Options
I just finished Stage One yesterday. I am so happy with the results. I can already see my body changing. Please view my blog for the details on inches and pounds lost:

http://losingatlosing.blogspot.com/2013/03/nrol4w-stage-one-complete.html

As far as strength gain, here's my improvements:

Squats - From bodyweight to 105 lbs
Pushups - 10 real, 5 girly to all real
Rows - 20 lbs to 90 lbs
Step ups - 2.5 lbs each hand to 25 lbs in each hand
Prone jackknife - 8 to 15

Deadlift - 20 lbs to 90 lbs
Shoulder press - 10 lbs each dumbbell to 25 lbs each dumbbell
Lat pulldown - 50 lbs to 90 lbs
Lunges - 15 lbs x 2 dumbbells to 70 lbs (on bar)
Crunches - 8 to 15

The results can't lie.

Replies

• liliana51886
    liliana51886 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is very encouraging because I ordered the book, and it is comming in the mail today!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Wow, those gains are huge -- even considering the reduction in reps throughout Stage 1.

What was your diet like?
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! I'm on week 2 of stage 1 and I love it! Congrats on your success thus far and yay for starting a new stage!!!
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    That's amazing - your increases are massive - I'm just about to start Workouts 3.!

Edited to say, I've just had a look at your blog - omg the change in you! I'm in awe :flowerforyou:
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow the book diet. To me, that was eating too much. I know everyone is different, but I stick to a 1200-1400 calorie diet. Even with that I feel like I'm eating all the time.

I think I started off way too low so I increased weight almost every time. That would be part of the reason why my gains look so big.. :)
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    I never quite know how it should feel (does that sound wrong???) I mean, I can feel it, can feel the weight and have to concentrate - but should it hurt, should I feel like I can't get up again from the squat by the end of the reps? I've upped the weight from 10kg to 13.5kg for squats and deadlifts, (so 22lb - 30lb not including the bar) but not sure if I should really push that much higher as the reps come down. This week its down to 12 reps
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that is insane progress!!! I just finished the program it is AMAZING!
  • Shtallionchick14
    Options
    I never quite know how it should feel (does that sound wrong???) I mean, I can feel it, can feel the weight and have to concentrate - but should it hurt, should I feel like I can't get up again from the squat by the end of the reps? I've upped the weight from 10kg to 13.5kg for squats and deadlifts, (so 22lb - 30lb not including the bar) but not sure if I should really push that much higher as the reps come down. This week its down to 12 reps

By the end - by the last one - I was nearly dead. Like hardly able to get up. Then as soon as I felt comfortable on the last one - it meant it was time up weight. My last set of lunges was nearly fatal.. haha.
  • djack18
    djack18 Posts: 14
    Options
    Now i want to start heavy lifting! bump!
  • red9812
    red9812 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Am about to start this program!!
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day at Stage 1 and I love the program!! Great job and wonderful results!
  • marand94608
    marand94608 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successes! You've lost a lot of pounds and inches!

I'm also about to start the first Stage of this program. How many minutes do the 1A/1B workouts take to complete?
  • Shtallionchick14
    Options

I'm also about to start the first Stage of this program. How many minutes do the 1A/1B workouts take to complete?

30-35 or so. I usually do a 15 minute warm up on the bike too - just to get my muscles loose.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Those results are amazing and really well deserved. Thanks for the inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I'm in week 2 of Stage 1 and am sore, but a good sore! Thanks for the inspiration to continue!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I loved that program! Congrats and go you!
  • jnh17
    Options

The first 4 workouts are pretty quick -- less than 3 minutes (only 2 sets of each). Once you up to 3 sets of each, it goes a little longer. Stage 2 workout B took me around 70 minutes.
  • jnh17
    Options

I think I started off way too low so I increased weight almost every time. That would be part of the reason why my gains look so big.. :)

That's the same way with me the first time I did the program. This time, I knew where to start so the gains are much slower...but still there!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! This is what I need now that I have reached my goal weight.

Congratulations!! :drinker:
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Great job :) that's awesome! im going to a personal trainer right now but got this book the other day may try it when we move. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!