suddenly salad is now my worst enemy

Options
So, last night I decided to get some suddenly salad I figured it wouldn't be too bad on calories, so I made it and got ready to eat it then I decided to look at the nutrition facts, (usually I do this before buying anything but last night I was shopping with my stomach) and the box said 350 calories for 3/4 cup are you kidding me some of my meals aren't even that much for a whole meal I was so disgusted I knew there was a reason I really didn't like mayonaise !! Well, one of the foods I really like just made it to the never eat again list (or at least only after I've earned it) so disappointed to find that out!

So, is there a food you love but were shocked to find out that it has way too many calories?

Replies

• AkimaGabsMom
    AkimaGabsMom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Usually, with me it is the sodium or fat numbers that get me.... BUT Caramel Frappes from McDonalds and Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken are two favorites that were worse than I thought....
  • dollada06
    dollada06 Posts: 41
    Options
    It wasn't the food as a whole, but I like to make turkey and cheese sandwiches. I top it off with "Vlassic Pickle planks" (2 of them) then I looked at my sodium intake for the day and it was 450+mg over and it wasn't even noon. Turns out it was those delicious pickles were ruining my sodium for the day sadly.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You can eat salad without mayo or other heavy dressings. Make your own dressing, a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and vinegar. Or lemon juice. Or you can use whatever dressing you like, just less of it.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    With me it was sodium - Applebee's French Onion soup has half a day's allotment in one bowl.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If it comes in a box I wouldn't consider it salad
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Usually, with me it is the sodium or fat numbers that get me.... BUT Caramel Frappes from McDonalds and Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken are two favorites that were worse than I thought....

Try this recipe. Super good and not to bad for calorie wise. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tequila-glazed-grilled-chicken-50400000113008/
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    What is suddenly salad? Never heard of it.
  • fme_fatale
    Options
    I make my own salad dressing (and my son loves it): equal parts olive oil and a good balsamic vinegar. Add some Dijon mustard, fresh ground pepper and sea salt. I use about a tablespoon per two cups of organic baby greens.

A friend of mine in weight watchers told me you don't put dressing all over the salad. WW has you put a little bit of dressing in a side dish and dip your fork into it. Apparently you consume less dressing that way. It's worth a try.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Isn't Suddenly Salad a Boxed Pasta meal???? This doesn't even classify as a salad to me but to each their own.....
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    What is suddenly salad? Never heard of it.

It's like a pasta salad it's not healthy it's just one of my past guilty pleasures lol
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Isn't Suddenly Salad a Boxed Pasta meal???? This doesn't even classify as a salad to me but to each their own.....

yes, it's just a boxed pasta salad, I never said it was salad, I know it's not really healthy I just didn't know how high in calories it was
  • pterradactyl
    Options
    Mac&Cheese from the box. I can down a whole box at one sitting--1200cals. Almost a full day's worth. :[