What are you making for Easter Dinner??

Options
wbfd22
wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
Since we are all in the same boat of eating healthy and trying to lose or maintain weight, I am curious as to what everyone is going to be making and/or eating for Easter Dinner this weekend??

I am hosting dinner for my family and making a large ham, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts and cheesy bisquits. For dessert I am making 2 ingredient lemon bars, mini chocolate peanut butter cups, and a fruit platter.

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    For Easter I'm preparing:

Spiral ham and fried chicken
    Fried perch and talapia (I have a dtr who only eats "fish)
    Collards
    Mac & cheese
    Candied yams
    "Angel eggs"
    Yeast rolls
    Desserts (prepared by my adult dtrs)

Now, what is JAKI going to eat? I will most likely sample all of that (well whatever fits on my saucer); I plan to enjoy Easter Dinner but eat in MODERATION :)
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Doing Easter Dinner potluck style with some friends Saturday night, so far our menu is:
    Ham
    baked chicken
    Cheesy Potatoes
    Salad
    fresh dinner rolls
    strawberry cheesecake fluff

more to be added, once we get the menu figured out...

and lots of wine
  • nikb1983
    nikb1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We don't normally do a big Easter dinner...my mom's coming for the weekend and my aunt and uncle might come by...

We're gonna grill burger's, I got some of those thin buns and tomoatoes, onions and lettuce
    we talked about potato salad...I'm gonna look for a healthy-ish way to make it (I hate mayonnaise anyway)
    Maybe a fruit salad or something
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    We don't do a special dinner for Easter - is this an American tradition? I've never heard of having any special dinner at this time of year - tends to be the standard Sunday Lunch ...with more relatives.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Ham, baked potatoes, loads of veggies. We'll skip the scalloped potatoes and rolls this year...too carp heavy!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    knew I shouldn't have looked at this now I'm hungry!!
  • kimmycool2003
    kimmycool2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ham, Squash, Veggies and Devil Eggs, And APPLE PIE :) maybe rolls
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    A stack of pancakes

Finished with waffles and salted caramel ice cream
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I'm in charge of deviled eggs.
    Half regular
    Half spicy for my dad (I add hot sauce and habanero pepper, garnish with thin slice of the pepper)

My parents will probably have a healthy meal because we're all health conscious. I dread to think of what the in-laws will be serving. Probably things dripping in butter, oil, and coated with salt... :sick: I think I'll sneak a zone perfect bar in my purse...:ohwell:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We did ham dinner last weekend so I'm thinking about roasting a chicken or turkey breast with stuffing, potatoes and butternut squash. Yum!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Smoking a bone in ham
    Garlic mashed potatoes
    Baked sweet potatoes
    Green beans w/onion&bacon
    Mini corn-on-the-cobs
    Some kind of bread
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    We're at a beer festival so Easter Sunday will most likely be an 'over' day. I doubt I'll be cooking an Easter dinner when I get home either. lol
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Pork roast
    mashed potatoes
    chicken & noodles
    veggie pizza
    deviled eggs
    green bean casserole
    rolls
    cheesecake and other assorted desserts

I plan to be picky and send the majority of the dishes on to the next person.
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    - Turkey (it's a Canadian thing)
    - Stuffing
    - LOTS of veggies
    - Cranberry sauce
    - Dipping sauce

Dessert:
    - Healthy brownies (http://www.hungryhealthyhappy.com/raw-chocolate-fudge-brownies/)
    - Healthy chocolate mousse (http://www.hungryhealthyhappy.com/healthy-chocolate-dessert/)
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    easter twice this weekend, isnt looking good for my calories...c'est la vie...
    im preparing:
    ham
    cheesy hashbrown potatoes
    steamed carrots
    seven layer salad
    baked beans
    deviled eggs
    cheesecake pudding cups
    oreo cookie cheesecake
    (and i dont even like cheesecake)
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been going round and round in my head about this one. We usually do ham and cheesy hashbrown casserole.
    But I am thinking of switching it up completely.
    Maybe kabobs on the grill with a ton of veggies and lean meats. I don't know though. I want it to be nice, I want everyone to enjoy it and not feel like I am limiting them because I need to get healthy, but not feel like I am having to portion out tiny amounts of the regular stuff. I am doing all the cooking, and my husband says he doesn't care what I do. But, I want the kids to learn to love food that is good for you, and this seems like one of those moments that I could help that, if I do it right.
  • auntiejack
    auntiejack Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Easter Dinner is like Christmas Dinner Roast Turkey and Ham with all the trimmings, even got a Christmas pud for afters.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Spiral glazed ham
    Scalloped potatoes
    Baked beans
    Sauteed brussel sprouts
    deviled eggs
    the REQUIRED banana pudding!!
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Our traditional family Easter:
    Ham, au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, ghoulash, deviled eggs, veggie tray.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Steamed green beans and steamed and mashed turnip with butter and either egg whites or a protein shake. Must hit macros.