Odd thing your S/O won't do **not a bashing thread!

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I don't know....we haven't gotten there yet.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Uummm. Eat broccoli or cauliflower. It makes him sick to his stomach. Other than that, just about anything, from changing diapers to cleaning the bathroom to even going clothes shopping with me! (which he does not particularly enjoy, except for the changing part)

Definite keeper.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Exercise
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, my DH is a bit odd, so the list is long!

Kill spiders
    Use the upstairs bathroom (because he saw a bug in the toilet once)
    Sit down on public transportation (subway, train, bus)
    Eat veggies
    Throw the friggin' empty toilet roll in the garbage (grrrr!)

I'm sure there are a zillion others that I can't think of right away!
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    umm... there's really not much he won't do, lol. :wink: lol

but really, he will help me with any chore... because of exactly that, he's helping me... not being asked to do it all. i wash dishes, he dries and puts them away, i wash laundry... he helps me put it away, i do any stovetop and oven cooking.... he handles the grilling and salad making, he holds down the dogs and i clip their nails, he picks up the house... folds blankets, clears off end tables and broom sweeps, while i vacuume couches, floor and rugs. I bag up all the trash, and he'll carry it out front (or vice versa).

teamwork all the way :)
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    She won't open Pillsbury dough. The pop makes her insane.

That is me^ My husband always has to open the dough no matter if I am cooking or if he is. It scares me! :) My husband won't clean the kitchen or the master bath. Those are the only two things in the house I ask him to do and he won't. But he cooks for me all the time, so I tend to forgive him!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    He won't go to the pet store with me on a weekend. :laugh:

He'll go buy cat/dog food during the week, because he knows the people with puppies and kittehs won't be there, but on a Saturday he cowers in the car and won't risk coming inside because he's afraid to look at the babies who are up for adoption. :ohwell:

I've tried to explain to him that this is their lucky day, their big shot at finding their forever home, but he's a big sissy baby wimp when it comes to furry critters.

It's a huge reason why I love him. :love:
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Mine can and will do anything I ask him. *ANYTHING*.....yeah, I'm lucky. REAL lucky.
    This. I honestly can't think of a single thing that he *won't* do.

This...

I just had knee surgery last month, there were MANY things he did for me that I wasn't sure about. I have the best husband ever!!:love::blushing:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Go to yoga with me, no matter how I spin the wonderful benefits.
  • gonzo0612
    gonzo0612 Posts: 48
    Options
    He won't go through the Self Check line at the store. If I head to one of those, he goes out and waits for me in the car. But if I go to a regular line with a cashier, he will wait with me. I still haven't figured out his aversion to Self Check!

haha mine is the same way!!! ... he'll go sometimes but i never hear the end of his complaints :grumble:
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Huh. :ohwell: I'm been rattling my brain over here trying to think of something my s/o won't do.
    And I can't think of one thing he will not do, everything I ask him to do... he does. :love:
    Then again, there's nothing I wouldn't do for him either... :heart:
    We always do everything together because we enjoy the company I think, or at least I do, it makes us feel like a team, by both pulling our own weight. :drinker:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    ... and he won't pay anything online. Writes checks for all his bills.

Yep, mine too.

Mine still uses AOL on his computer, it's like a trip down memory lane for me when he boots up/down. "GOODBYE". lol. :laugh:
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It would be eaiser to list the things he WILL do than the ones he won't. That is a long and varied list. :grumble: :mad: :angry:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    He won't cook or put away any laundry that isn't his. Drives me crazy! When I was out with my broken hip we ordered in almost every night since I couldn't cook. He will grill but not with snow on the ground lol!
  • emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options
    He won't brush the dog's teeth, so I made a deal that I would brush the dog's teeth if I never have to put the grill cover back on after using. We are both happy with our arrangement :)
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My husband will probably never be able to stick to a diet. He was raised with no healthy eating habits, and loves food too much. He has no problem eating the healthy food that I cook as long as it tastes good, so I make sure to keep the house stocked with yummy healthy stuff--I think I deserve the credit for him not gaining too much weight over the years! Other than that, he's a total sweetheart who does anything I ask. I try not to take advantage of that though!
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My ex husband would never encourage me to do anything... If I said I wanted to lose weight, there was always resistance and a fight about it....so I never imagined anyone would encourage me on it at all. The last gentleman I was seeing, was/is the best cheerleader to me about it... even now that we are no longer dating.

And I seem to be with guys... ,that don't like pictures taken... sad as I always wanted one... but only have really goofy ones for my memories...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Laundry. After an incident where he shrunk everything down to toddler size.

I see you are wearing those shrunken clothes in the profile pic. Skimpy :)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Me....*sigh*, but I'm not that odd.