Epic Fail

Options
Epic fail last night, guys. We all went out to pizza, I didn't have anything, and then my roommate and I came home and were talking about deep stuff and I ate a piece from the to go box! At midnight. Did I stop there? No, of course not. I had a few bowls of cereal after. Sheesh! The night before I had frozen yogurt really late, too. I need to get back on track! One month till I'm on a private island in a swim suit. Been exercising every day tho...4 mile run on Mon, 50 min yoga cardio Tues, 6 mile run yesterday, yoga again tonight, 4 mile run Fri to come, and 14 miles on Sat in the mountains. :D Plus 10 min abs every morning! I can do this! My problem is staying at my calorie limit, and not eating late at night, cause I just love to. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• angelascott919
    Options
    Eating late at night has always been my problem. Usually things like cereal, cookies, cake, just pure junk food. But lately I just have to remind myself that I don't need it, I dont have the calories for it. I guess you would call it mind over matter. I am also making sure to eat well during the day so that I don't have the cravings at night. There have even been the times when I have gone to bed a little earlier just to keep from eating something I don't need.
  • arvinzant
    arvinzant Posts: 1
    Options
    Eating late at night is my downfall too, and like you, I can be really disciplined when I go out for dinner, but then find myself eating the leftovers out of the to go box when I get home. I just don't keep cereal in the house because it calls my name after 10 p.m. Also, if I brush my teeth right after dinner, it reminds me not to eat. Basically, I am too lazy to brush, floss, etc. again. It is a constant battle of mind over matter (or bad habits, anyway).
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    not an epic fail. an epic fail would have been eating out, then eating back at home, then ordering more pizza. or finding an extra bag of chips somewhere, or something. not so bad. don't sweat it!!!
  • PapaPolarBear
    Options
    i t actually doesn't matter what time of day you eat, as long as you are not eating more calories than you're expending each day. The problem most encounter when eating late at night is that most make poor choices of what they eat. Some studies have even proven that if you eat a healthy snack before bed it kicks your metabolism into gear while you're sleeping.
  • KLCole
    KLCole Posts: 22
    Options
    Boy do I know how you feel! I would historically have problems with my weight going up and down. I would do so well for such a long time and then blow it. Of course this was followed up by a lot of beating myself up. I thought I had a willpower problem.

It took me finally seeing a doctor for my nutrition and found out that it wasn't a willpower thing. It was a blood sugar thing and we all go through it! After I got that under control and began eating smaller meals with more protein and fewer carbs, then I didn't have a problem with snacking anymore. I wished I had learned this at your age so I wouldn't have spent so much time beating myself up!!!

It sounds like to me that you are doing a lot of the right things with exercise and trying to eat right. You might want to look at how many carbs you are eating per meal and the protein. You are young, beautiful, and smart, so please cut yourself some slack!

Good luck and please let me know if there is any way I can support you!

Been there and done that,
    Karen
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    sounds like you may just have been in situations where this came much to easily for you to do..........I just made a promise to myself to not eat after dinner. I think i stick to that about 5 out of 7 nights so not bad. And I agree with Loathesome - not an epic fall just a bump in the road. Knowing you don't want to do this is the big step. My only suggestion is that if you are going over your calories with these late night snacks is try to put yourself in situations where this can't happen so easily.
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Hardly an epic fail - just a minor blip. Sounds like you are exercising plenty and making good choices most of the time so cut yourself a bit of slack and remember life is to be enjoyed, not endured!