Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any soccer (football) fans out there?

TiaBay
TiaBay Posts: 15
edited September 21 in Chit-Chat
I'm just curious....
Is anyone out there a soccer fan (or a football fan, if you are from Europe)?
Any one following the World Cup?
If so, what country are you pulling for??

Replies

• Got a fan here. Most definitely following the World Cup. And of course I'm pulling for the USA.
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    My fiance watches soccer all the time, but i just started getting into it for the World Cup. Of course rooting for USA, watched the amazing finish at work yesterday!
  • Hi TiaBay

I am in Ireland but I hail from London so I am supporting the England Team.
    I didn't think they played good enough to go through yesterday, by the skin of their teeth!!
    Still, they are my country so I have to be pleased for them...

Butterfly
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    USA, USA <3
  • leb89
    leb89 Posts: 54
    ENGLAND!!!
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Italia and USA!!! My first team is not doing well right now though :sad:
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    USA!
  • TiaBay
    My favorite teams are US (of course), Germany, and Italy.
    I was happy for England, when they made it through to the next round - I think they deserved it, even if it wasn't their best effort. And, of course, I was thrilled by that last minute goal by US yesterday!!:love:
    But I'm a little disappointed by Italy (the reigning World Cup champs), they are not doing so well... I thought they would be doing a little better than they are. :cry:
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    USA :)
    Netherlands :)
    Mexico :)

Such a variety! But I just love a good game!
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    I am a sports sociology researcher, so I get paid to watch the World Cup! Yay! :drinker:
    I am supporting England though am not patriotic normally and the USA as I live in Colorado in the summer. :happy:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Huge Fan. From the USA, so of course I am rooting for the USA. However, I wil be happy to see Argentina win as well.

I have been recording EVERY game and watching them at night. I just realized I will only miss one game. The FINAL on July 11th. I'll be on a flight to Mexico for vacation.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    I love soccer especially World Cup time.

USA
    Argentina - Lionel Messi
    Brazil - Cristiano Ronaldo
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-la-la-la-la-land!!! All the way (ho ho - who's eaten the hopeful haribo's today??!!).
    Love it - can't wait for Sunday, I just hope we can up our game for the Germans!!
  • TiaBay
    Rooting for US team tomorrow :love: and soooo sad for the Italian team...:brokenheart:
    Best wishes and good luck to all the fans, if your team made it to the round of 16! :drinker:
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Well, our Kiwis are out but never lost a game and did not (against all predictions) come last in the group... Italy did! So we are pretty happy here.
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Still gutted that England let 4 goals in! What were they playing at. They let us down!!
  • TiaBay
    Getting ready for the Quarter-finals! Can't wait!! I love soccer (football)!!!! :love:
  • TiaBay
    Yay!!! The Quarter-finals are underway!!! :drinker:
  • l0ri
    l0ri Posts: 2
    Just found this topic right now but so relevant!!

Champions League Quarter Finals!! Woot woot!! BARCAAAAA
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Just found this topic right now but so relevant!!

Champions League Quarter Finals!! Woot woot!! BARCAAAAA

Rooting for Messi.
This discussion has been closed.