Looking for some people to share workout ideas with?

Options
Hey everybody :) . I was just looking for some people to share workout ideas with. I can't stand going on runs and walks, but that doesn't mean I don't like to exercise! Does anyone feel the same way? I go to various websites to find challenging workouts because I don't want to spend money on videos from stores. Anybody have some awesome blogs or sites to go to for good workouts?

Replies

• pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I would love to know this too.:smile:
  • embalita
    embalita Posts: 3
    Options
    Dance =)
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    My boyfriend's soon to be brother in law, Vonc Delmonte, has a great program for gaining muscle mass, (available for purchase) but he also posts a lot of good stuff on his channel that him and his fiancee use. And she looks amazing! WAY better in person, the vids do her no justice haha. I'll post a link to my favourite =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLGmwIXIWtc
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Have you looked at your local library for exercise videos? That's how I got most of my workouts before I moved. It was great because I could try out new things, and if I didn't like it I wasn't out any money. The only drawback is you have to keep checking them out when you want them, but my library system allowed educational videos to be renewed like books. So sometimes I was able to keep them for up to six weeks at a time.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Do you have FIT TV? There are several different workouts on there & I DVR them so I can do them whenever I need a different workout to do. I love the Bollywood belly dancing workouts - I do them every morning before getting ready for work.
  • Keltinator
    Keltinator Posts: 265
    Options
    kintegra - is fit tv like a tv channel? i'd love to look into that.

livi - i didn't even think of my library! I'll definitely have to check that out...

for anyone who's interested, a site i often frequent is www.bodyrock.tv . look beyond the ridiculously sexy girl who does the workouts, and they're actually pretty good, and you don't need many items. usually it's just a mat to put on the floor. they are usually pretty challenging also, and some are just short and wuick if you don't have a lot of time. i love it :)

pkgrrl - looked at that video. looks good :) thanks so much!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    kintegra - is fit tv like a tv channel? i'd love to look into that.

livi - i didn't even think of my library! I'll definitely have to check that out...

for anyone who's interested, a site i often frequent is www.bodyrock.tv . look beyond the ridiculously sexy girl who does the workouts, and they're actually pretty good, and you don't need many items. usually it's just a mat to put on the floor. they are usually pretty challenging also, and some are just short and wuick if you don't have a lot of time. i love it :)

pkgrrl - looked at that video. looks good :) thanks so much!!

Yes it is! Fit-TV its on my cable channel lineup! Hopefully you have that! Its got workouts pretty much all day long & some food shows & some weight loss story shoes also, but it is workouts all morning & most of the evening. Hopefully you have it! :happy:
  • chelseap891
    Options
    I have a pilates workout video, but it gets old...and I don't like running alone...so I don't know what I want to do! Ugh.
  • rowie
    rowie Posts: 75
    Options
    I started riding my bike to work, even though i didn't think i could do the distance with all the hills. I go slow, but it's great in so many ways! I also bought one of those weighted hoola hoops, fun and a good workout! I've started to explore all the local parks around home too, and have found myself hiking and climbing hills , with the reward of GREAT views! Lots of good things to try out there, just gotta find what works for you.
  • Keltinator
    Options
    I have a pilates workout video, but it gets old...and I don't like running alone...so I don't know what I want to do! Ugh.

I know what you mean... I hate running alone too. Plus, my usual exercise buddy's knees are really bad, so she can't take running for long periods of time! Try switching up whatever workouts you do at home to make things a little more interesting when you're in a rut, so make them harder or add a new exercise in.

Kintegra -- I'll be looking for that channel! Hopefully I have it... :)
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Does your cable provider have ondemand? They have alot of workouts on there.
  • Keltinator
    Options
    oh and another thing -- one legged burpees. they are like death. try them :P
  • embalita
    embalita Posts: 3
    Options
  • pbell
    pbell Posts: 15
    Options
    we do the workout on demand from brighthouse,our cable provider. also youtube has all sorts of videos i go to a gym and try to do different classes so i dont get bored.... it doesnt take long for my adult add to kick in