Which milk are you drinking?

Options

Replies

• windygirl2019
    Options
    Skim fat free is the healthiest and fewest calories and still has calcium I drink three cups a day
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    I drink organic skim milk. I read on health.com and confirmed by Dr. Gupta on CNN and that milk and apples are two things that are worth the extra money to buy organic.
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    Options
    there is the much sugar in all cows milk unfortunately :grumble: ...i am borderline diabetic so i drink "almond dreams unsweetened almond drink" instead :tongue:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I drink the refrigerated Almond Breeze 60 cals a cup. If my supermarket decides to stock it that day. I love it in my cereal and makes my coffee taste delicious for hardly any calories. Although I think if you drink it by itself it is a little off putting although that may just be me since I never really drank milk straight.
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to unsweetened vanilla and it does not taste like almonds. I cook with it use it in cereal and have turned my boyfriend into a believer I say try it you only have $3 to lose.
  • taylorgirl
    taylorgirl Posts: 81
    Options
    I mix almond milk with Fat Free / Skim Milk. Almond milk is creamy to me so I mix it with Fat Free / Skim milk mostly for the texture!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Blue Diamond unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk--like several others have stated, "It is the best"!!!!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I use Pacific unsweetened organic almond milk - 35 cals for 1 cup. It tastes great and has a consistency similar to skim milk.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I love Soy Almond Milk from Costco....I can store it in the pantry and the #s are awesome:)
  • chickpea81
    chickpea81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I drink either Alpro branded or Tesco branded unsweetened light soya milk (whichever is available at the time) and they both come in at approx the same nutrients per 250ml (1 cup?)

Cals 50
    Carbs 1
    Fat 3
    Protein 5
    Calcium 38%

I've always wanted to try almond milk, even more so now so many people on this thread are saying how great they think it is, but (where i live at least) it is 3 times the price of soya milk! I may just have to get some as a treat to try soon though.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Almond Breeze almond milk. I keep vanilla and chocolate on hand but the original is good also. I just find that using the vanilla version in my cereal keeps me from wanting to use artificial sweetener packets :). And the chocolate almond milk well.... it's the bomb.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I always keep both Almond Breeze original and Organit Fat-Free milk in hand. I use both of them depending on what I'm feeling like. I love using the almond milk for protein shakes.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Regular 1% milk. I love it. It's my go-to drink when I need to fill up on a few more calories, or when I'm hungry but I'm not sure yet what to eat. I don't mind that there's a little fat in it, because I need it--I'm pretty consistently under my fat goals as it is.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Soy Milk. I don't think I'm lactose intolerant, but dairy milk makes my stomach bloat.
    My favorite is Light Vanilla by 8th Continent, but anything by Silk is sooo good, too!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Horizon Fat Free Organice milk!!! YUM!!!
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    Soy milk from Aldi. There's some fat in it but the calories are roughly the same as skim milk.
  • Star108
    Star108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can you get that Almond milk in dept store like Meijer???
  • lincolns
    lincolns Posts: 42
    Options
    2% now. I used to always drink skim milk, but my husband calls is dirty dish water and won't drink it. Since my son came along and needed whole milk, I couldn't get myself to buy 3 different kinds of milk, so I switched to 2% for myself and my hubby and whole milk for my son. Now I've gotten spoiled and can't stand skim milk. Oh well, I really only drink milk in my coffee, so 1/2 cup a day isn't too bad.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Lately I've started splitting between regular & almond milk. I really like the vanilla unsweetened almond stuff.
    I kind of just pick whichever I am in hte mood for, usually its the almond.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I work for an organic dairy so 2% Organic!!