Tailbone Injury Question

Options
Okay, so this one is for anybody else who's injured their tailbone. I injured my tailbone a few years back biking, which made sense to me. Sixteen days ago, my tailbone started hurting as if I had fallen on it really hard. I hadn't. The morning I started feeling it, I did a lot of jumping in my workout -- jumping jacks, burpees, etc. -- but I've done that freaking workout a thousand times and it shouldn't have done anything weird. Then I hiked for a few hours Saturday and Sunday, and it got really, really bad Sunday night and has hurt since.

At any rate, it's been 16 days now and I'm still hurting. I've been to PT 2X a week last week and now again this week. Anybody else done this? Does it usually take this long? Did anybody else do this without knowing HOW you did it? Thanks for the help.:smile:

Replies

• meghadeath
    meghadeath Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I broke my tailbone during childbirth with my first daughter, though the actual pop happened when she was about 5 days old. the pain was unbearable. Though it subsided over time it was probably about 9 mos-1 yr before it was truly healed.