Clothes that are too big, and paying it forward...

Options
lila1980
lila1980 Posts: 63 Member
I'm a clothes horse. Love clothes. Even when I was really big.

My problem is that I have a closet full of clothes that have become too big. They've been too big for some time now, actually. Until now, I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them, for fear that I'd balloon back up.

I know that buying a new wardrobe for every size isn't an option. I know that there are people out there just behind me in their transition. Maybe you're just slithering in to your first pair of size 16 jeans. Maybe you've made it to size 18 and could use the motivation to keep pushing. I understand the feeling! I was just there.

How would you like some new clothes?

Everything I have is size 14 or 16, size L to XL. I have a pear shape, so the bottoms are pretty much all 16, whereas the tops are a little smaller.

Inbox me. Send me a few details. Maybe you're a single mom who can't afford nice clothes for work. Maybe you're just getting out of university and you can't afford clothes for your interviews or for your new job. Make it heartfelt, honest, but most of all, SHORT! :)

I'll pick one person, and send a box of stuff to you. It's mostly dressier stuff (I'm an office drone, so most of my clothes are business casual). No strings attached, and no cost to you (except for maybe customs, if you live in a country other than Canada). I'll box it up this weekend and send it out on Tuesday (as Monday is a holiday).

What you'll get: Black dress pants (two pair I haven't even worn!), light sweaters, maybe a suit jacket or two. But definitely at least four beautiful dresses that you're going to love!! Everything is gently worn and clean. Some pieces are of high quality (the two dresses in the photos are Maggy London and London Times, both purchased at The Bay, which is essentially the Canadian Macy's), but others were purchased more for value while I was "passing through" the size, and were only worn once or twice. For you Canadians out there, most of my stuff is from Reitmans or Ricki's.

What's my motivation, you ask? I truly just want to do something nice for someone out there who just wants to look and feel good, no matter what size is on the label. I'm asking for a little personal information to make sure that my stuff is sent to someone who truly needs it, and not in the home of someone who will just put the nice stuff on eBay.

aa4a8e26-370f-4acc-8048-d77be185cfb8_zpsff8e435a.jpg

Replies

• LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Love the idea! I am a clothes addict as well, but as soon as I shrink out of something it goes to the salvation army... I know Im never going back there :)
  • lila1980
    Options
    In the past, I've always donated my clothes to the Salvation Army... But I've received such wonderful support here, and I truly want to help make someone's experience on here that much easier.

Thanks for the positive comment! :)
  • rshortx3
    rshortx3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Just wanted to applaud you on making such a great gesture. I hope they find a good home.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would love to have them!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Such a great idea.
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Lovely idea. Bump!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is very very nice of you!!! I dont need them, but just wanted to commend you on your idea!
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    What a lovely and selfless gesture! I'm sure someone is going to benefit nicely and appreciate your kindness.
  • LuckyDucky73
    Options
    This is such a great gesture. I hope your clothes find a nice home .Congrats to you on your success!
  • TheMoonMuse
    TheMoonMuse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fab idea!!
  • lila1980
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've had a few submissions already, and I'm looking forward to reading them all!
  • Kathymomof4
    Options
    You will be blessed for doing this! You have an amazing heart!! :wink:
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    How sweet of you! Such a great idea!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You are an incredible person!!! I was fortunate that one of my MFP buddies gave me a ton of her size 14s as I made my way down. It was invaluable to me and saved me a lot of money. I returned the favor and passed mine along too.

:flowerforyou:
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful gesture! I just donated a bunch of my "too big" stuff last weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • jujuball78
    Options
    I think that what you are doing is fantastic! Such a wonderful and selfless deed. Awesome way to pay it forward.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful thing you are doing, congrats on your weight loss and on your huge heart!
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Such a great idea!! Way to make someone's day! :-)
  • lmorr7
    lmorr7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amazing idea -- kudos to you.
  • Twins_mommy09
    Twins_mommy09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to have anything you can spare! I am that size now.. All of my clothes are bigger also. Please let me know if you would still like to part with them :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!