Advice please on any must take vitamins

Options
I am wondering if there are any MUST take vitamins that I should be adding to my everyday regimen of vitamins.

I am currently taking:
One a day womens weight smart
Lutein for my vision
Iron

I also take 2 Healthe Trim capsules in the morning.

I also would like advice for men too, my boyfriend is also working hard to lose those extra pounds and add some muscle.

He is currently taking:

Centrum mens daily vitamin
Echinacea
Ginseng
Vitamin C
Fiber chews
and Healthe Trim in the morning.

Any suggestions for supplements to promote muscle gain and weight lose would be very helpful. Thank you!!

Replies

• ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm a med student (only my first year) and most of the doctors that I've spoken with have said a multivitamin, fish oil, and vitamin D are very important and strongly recommended. Fish oil does wonderful things for your cardiovascular system and your nervous system. Vitamin D is needed for calcium absorption and most people are low (especially if you live in the Midwest).

Whey protein would help meet protein needs for someone trying to gain muscle if you can't get enough from diet alone. There aren't any supplements that will help with weight loss--just a cleaned up diet with a calorie deficit and more exercise.
  • dfurton83
    dfurton83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the reply. I will have to add your suggestions to my daily regimen.