Here I am !!!! Now what ??

Options
I am into my second 21 day plan on the Digest Diet. The first round went easy enough and I lost 15 pounds. This round , not so much. Seems I am battling every pound twice. I am exercising and increasing it weekly-Dr orders as I am at 330, started at 345. So since Jan I have eliminated all the diet junk-diet pop, low cal whatever and replaced it with natural foods. I stopped fast food completely and if I stop at one I eat a small salad if its meal time or bring my own stuff (have a kid in sports so got to stop where the team bus does). I am a nurse so am on my feet at work all shift. So what gives ????? I feel great, journal every day, set reasonable goals and am taking slowly-why is it such a fight now ????? Any advice ?? Yes i missed a week on here-laptop died then the desktop so thats why the gap.

Replies

• wdprice3
    wdprice3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am going to steal a post I just wrote on another topic:

You may have simply hit a plateau. You can try to get over this by: a week of very intense workouts (if you workouts are not extremely intense now) or, counterintuitively, workout less and add in more calories for a week - have an off week with some of your favorite foods, don't worry about being under you calorie count - you want to bust it. Changing up your caloric intake and workout routines can really impact your physiology and jumpstart a new session of weightloss (eating more calories than normal actually raises your metabolism temporarily, thus a week of slacking off when you hit a plateau can help restart these processes and provide you more motivation. Don't go crazy, just loosen up a bit.

Short-term weightloss measurements are a tricky thing - it could simply be water retention due to high sodium/dietary changes, or due to amount of water intake, or due to typical female physiology. If you go 2-3 weeks with no changes, then I'd start to be a little more concerned.

You can also look at other dietary information to insure that you aren't overdoing sugars, sodium, carbs, proteins, etc.

Good luck on the digest diet. I've heard that it is quite difficult to follow - strange/new foods (some being horrible tasting), strange/new/hard to fine/expensive ingredients, etc.
  • kentermom4
    Options
    The Digest diet isn't had to follow- I move what I need to for my job (cant have the nurse pass out lol) and I found only a few recipes that I read and went yuck no way too-so I just moved another meal in the same phase to that slot. I substitute what I am allergic to and so far its been a good experience, I cook from scratch a lot so I already had most of the items on the shopping list at home, but it can be pricey to start the diet. I am mixing it up and moving my calorie count up and down as well as my exercise. I have lost inches but never measured them-new thing to do this week. I am upping my workout to include some new stuff now that i feel better and my knees are not screaming in pain after a shift. It just feels like the weight is not going anywhere, like my body said " Hey 15 pounds was easy-next 15 are going to cost you !!"
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? MFP had suggested that I eat 1270 calories, but then after doing some research I discovered I was not eating enough. I upped my calories to 1560 and have been losing consistently. I found a calorie deficit calculator at http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/caloriedeficitcalculator.php and that is what help me decide that I should be eating more. You may want to check it out! You might find that you actually are not eating enough!

Keep working at this. It is a lot of work and it can take some time for your body to adjust to all the changes. But, if you stick to it, you will start to see results.

I'll send you a friend request and we can support each other!

Nancy
  • kentermom4
    Options
    Hi
    I am eating 1850, down from the 2200 set by my Dr at the beginning of this adventure. I am on my feet for 8 to 12 hour shifts so it seems high but it really is not for the walking I do all shift. I would like to find one of those sites that is accurate for counting all calories burned-like housework and all too.