Insanity Newbies and Oldies

Options

Replies

• dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday as well. Holy Cow the fit test is insane!! I've been doing JM for months, but nothing compared to that. I am nervous to actually start a real dvd tonight. I hope it's not as intense as the fit test!

lol it's worse than the fit test - good luck :-)

HAHAHAH YES. It is. I did 30 Day Shred and that was like petting puppies while eating truffles compared to Insanity.
  • travishalogod
    travishalogod Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second week. Just did pure cardio today. I def see a difference in my stamina since doing the fit test!
    I seem to put more pressure on the outside of my feet so I'm having trouble with my trainers. Need to find something else that is going to give me more support on my feet. They ache every night :(

Keep it up! It works!

Try doing it barefoot. I did the whole program with no shoes on because it didn't feel right, never had any foot pain.
  • Brandnewme150
    Brandnewme150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second week. Just did pure cardio today. I def see a difference in my stamina since doing the fit test!
    I seem to put more pressure on the outside of my feet so I'm having trouble with my trainers. Need to find something else that is going to give me more support on my feet. They ache every night :(

Keep it up! It works!
    Me too! I watched the cardio abs cuz I'll be doing it on sat it looks awesome! I can't wait to do the fit test again to see my progress.
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just started it on Sunday. I did day 3 this morning before work.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I just started week 4. ( I feel like a pro! NOT) Anyhoo. I am 48 years old and its kicking my butt! But i love it. I'm already seeing a tremendous change in my body. More than I ever saw with Turbo Fire or Jillian. Im not following the diet. That will come in month 2. I say stick with it. you will start to see subtle changes within the first 2 weeks. Even at my age my body is changing like never before. The scale however has not budged. But i don't care. I've lost a pants size in 3 weeks. And people are noticing. My 17 year old told me I looked skinny yesterday... It truly is an amazing work out. And Shaun T is coming out with a new one this summer. I can't wait.......
  • Azaelia11
    Azaelia11 Posts: 26
    Options
    I just started Insanity today. Just completed my fit test, and holy friggen cow my body feels like it's dying. I've also been doing JM videos since january, and i lost a few inches and 3 lbs, but i can already feel my skin melting off my body. haha excited to start the real workouts tomorrow :D (but i'll probably regret saying that by the time i get to it.) haha
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi, newbie here :) I am on week 2. I can't believe how sore I was the first few days. I feel like I am in good shape and worked on building up my stamina before starting the program. I don't really like it so far, but I think it is shredding me and I want the results that I see people here on MFP get with it so I am in it!
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of Insanity. Still loving it very much.
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Week 3, did the second fitness test and my reps are up. Lost only 2 lbs but my jeans are getting loose.
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good luck everybody. I just started day 1 of Recovery Week.
  • beeb66
    beeb66 Posts: 17
    Options
    I was thinking of doing it barefoot! Thanks I'll try it tomorrow!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Why are you saying that Beachbody programs are a rip off? They are programs that have been proven to work, and they have programs to cover everyones fitness level with different program prices. If you say that they work they what do you have against them that you have to use your negativity on the message boards?
    Lisa
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! I haven't done Insanity yet but plan on starting in May once I finish with my Les Mills Combat program. The new workout that he just announced Shaun T25 will premiere this summer and I plan on doing that one when I finish Insanity. I am super excited because I know many people who have done the program and have obtained awesome results. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am always looking out for workout buddies.
    Lisa
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! I haven't done Insanity yet but plan on starting in May once I finish with my Les Mills Combat program. The new workout that he just announced Shaun T25 will premiere this summer and I plan on doing that one when I finish Insanity. I am super excited because I know many people who have done the program and have obtained awesome results. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am always looking out for workout buddies.
    Lisa

I cannot WAIT for the T25 this summer. I too am going to do it once I finish Insanity. I should be done Insanity beginning of May. I will start over until the next one comes out. And I also agree that beachbody has amazing work out dvd's. If they don't work its because we don't...
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Beachbody programs are a ripoff they work yea but why spend 120 dollars on a workout program you can get for free? Insanity is just plyometrics and programmed to get your heart thumping out of your chest. Good luck

Because I work out harder when someone is yelling at me :)

Ditto..I NEED that extra push..FYI Didnt spend 120 :)
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor, wear it while doing the Insanity workouts, then use a "calories burned by heart rate" calculator (search for it on the web) and enter your exercise by creating a new exercise in the "My Exercises" menu. This is the most accurate way to record your Insanity workout on MFP. All other methods are just guesses.
  • kristijean
    kristijean Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity, my husband and I both did it. It contributed to his 80 lbs weight loss. It is my go to for extreme cardio thats for sure. To calculate my calories etc I wore a Bodybugg and then created it so I could use it in the future. Everyone's body type is different so caloric expenditure will be different with the added factor of whether or not you DUG DEEPER! Its no joke, but I know sometimes I can and sometimes I just get wiped out =)
  • beeb66
    beeb66 Posts: 17
    Options
    Did it barefoot yesterday and I didn't have any pain last night! Going to try it again today. I'm on day 10! Can't wait to see results!
  • kristijean
    Options
    I have heard great things about that! I tried it once but I have a bit of a knee issue and it didnt work out for me =(
  • kristijean
    Options
    Just wanted to invite you all to a support group I run its COMPLETELY FREE and alot of fun. Many of us have done or are doing Insanity and it would be great to help each other through it. If your interested send me a friend request at www.facebook.com/kristijean3 and a message letting me know about this group.

Its FUN FITNESS FACTS, TIPS, MOTIVATION, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT =)