P90x doubles question

Options
I'm about to enter phase 3 of classic. I think I'm in good enough shape (looks not withstanding) to do doubles on my next round. However, I've always been a guy who does all his hard stuff at the beginning of the day so that the day gets easier as it goes on. Would it hamper me greatly if I did the strength training in the morning and did Cardio X in the evening? Or should I stick to their program hardcore. I read about the blood lycogen levels in the p90x fitness guide but wanted to check with people here and get their opinions.

Replies

• cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If I were going to do doubles, that is how I would proceed with the program.
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you very much for the help that didn't cost $38.97 per month...lol
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    While cardio in the morning is supposed to be "optimal", I don't think it would negate the cardio if you did it in the evening instead.

2447bg: shame on you for being a coach and NOT answering the question. :angry:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I'm about to enter phase 3 of classic. I think I'm in good enough shape (looks not withstanding) to do doubles on my next round. However, I've always been a guy who does all his hard stuff at the beginning of the day so that the day gets easier as it goes on. Would it hamper me greatly if I did the strength training in the morning and did Cardio X in the evening? Or should I stick to their program hardcore. I read about the blood lycogen levels in the p90x fitness guide but wanted to check with people here and get their opinions.
    I don't see any reason why that would be a problem. In fact, if I were going to do Doubles, that's how I'd do it. I'm in Phase 3 of my third round of P90X right now. I did Classic first, then Lean, now Classic again. Kudos to you for going that extra mile of doing Doubles your next round!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    When I did doubles I did cardio in the morning and weights in the evening. I can't see there really being a problem with doing the cardio in the evening though.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you were doing them close together it would depend on which is more important to you, the cardio or muscle building. If they are spread out enough in the day it doesn't matter much.
  • p90xokc
    Options
    I don't see any reason why that would be a problem. In fact, if I were going to do Doubles, that's how I'd do it. I'm in Phase 3 of my third round of P90X right now. I did Classic first, then Lean, now Classic again. Kudos to you for going that extra mile of doing Doubles your next round!
  • p90xokc
    Options
    Lets not cheer me on just yet. Saying it and doing it are 2 different things. My phase 3 starts on Monday. If I make it through that alive, i'll take 3 weeks off then jump into doubles. Thank you for the kudos though!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Lets not cheer me on just yet. Saying it and doing it are 2 different things. My phase 3 starts on Monday. If I make it through that alive, i'll take 3 weeks off then jump into doubles. Thank you for the kudos though!

Doubles are a cakewalk. I was doing Triples during my second round. My issue was getting up at 3:45am to do Cardio X.