Is Aqua Zumba hard on the knees?

Options
I was wondering if Aqua Zumba is hard on your knees. One of our members in MFP has a problem with her knees so that's why I'm asking this question and I'm starting this topic to give her some information.

Scott

Replies

• ArielMelton
    ArielMelton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know the answer to this, too. My coach at the Y thinks I would like Aqua Zumba but I'm hesitant to sign up since I have arthritic knees.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've taken Aqua Zumba and it's not too hard on the knees. The hardest thing in any water class is jumps.

All of the instructors I have had say if you can't do a particular move just keep moving and start again when it is something you can do.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The water makes every thing easier on the knees.

Deep water aerobics was developed to get runners with knee injuries back in shape.
  • janiecrake
    janiecrake Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've just started aqua zumba and I love it. I wouldnt say it is at all hard on the knees. I'm not co-ordinated enough for proper zumba but in the water no one can see what your legs are doing!! Lol
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have 2 bad knees and Aqua zumba is the best think that every happened to me. I love it and would not give it up for anything. I do suggest water shoes. If you can do some of the it okay. I have had to modify some moves.
  • blaaaaah
    blaaaaah Posts: 11
    Options
    Aqua Zumba is should not be hard on the knees, nor should other aquatic sport (swimming, aqua polo, aqua aerobics etc). Any exercise in water gives little resistance and is better for your joints. Hope this helps (: