College students

Options
Hey, I am new to My Fitness Pal. I am a college student who really wants to lose 30 pounds. I have tried to lose weight and have been unsuccessful and feel a little skeptical on whether I can actually do it, but I am here to try again with an open mind. Please feel free to add me!!!

Replies

• AshleeEP4
    AshleeEP4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just graduated from college and need to lose at least 60lbs. My goal currently is -20lbs by June 21st: First Day of Summer. I joined myfitnesspal last August or so and still struggling to lose. I am not giving up no longer!! You can lose the weight and so can I!!! Feel Free to add me if you are wanting support where we can support and motivate each other!!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am new to My Fitness Pal. I am a college student who really wants to lose 30 pounds. I have tried to lose weight and have been unsuccessful and feel a little skeptical on whether I can actually do it, but I am here to try again with an open mind. Please feel free to add me!!!

Don't be skeptical. You are here because you want to do it, otherwise you wouldn't have signed up. So welcome! And thanks for the add, by the way!

The only rules of the game are put good things into your body, drink enough water (min. 8 cups/2L), and move your body. This doesn't mean you have to be a bodybuilder over night, but exercise your heart through walking 30 minutes per day and you'll find yourself re-energized! :)

I hope you find what you are looking for here. We're here for you!
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    You can add me if you want! I'm a college student as well xo
  • Hpgirl1890
    Hpgirl1890 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just graduated in May 2012 and I need to lose at least 4 lbs. I tried really hard for the past few months to lose it I'm hoping to lose those 4 pounds to 6 lbs by mid-June. (I'm going on a cruise. So I wanna look nice!) Plus my boyfriend loves my curves.

I successfully lost 10 lbs within 2 weeks a few years ago. This is all because of a trip and 14 days of 8 hour-shopping spree!

Feel free to add me if you want motivation! I know I can use some every now and then!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm in grad school.... Does that count? LOL

You all can do it! Just log your food and move! :)
  • FionaHoggx
    FionaHoggx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Fiona. I am a college student from Glasgow struggling with losing weight, college work and trying to find work! Really want to lose the extra lbs to improve my confidence. Add me if you like :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up a degree and I know it's tough to do this when you're so busy, but it helps me so much to track everything. It doesn't take long and it makes a huge difference!
  • RxVirus
    RxVirus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a college student as well trying to loose 30lbs. My major is in fine arts, you can add me if you like. College is pretty stressful o3o
  • getfitgirl1983
    Options
    Hi I am also a college student new to this site. I have lost 55 lbs before, but put 35 back on since in school. I am a vegetarian and having trouble eating under my carbs, and sugar everyday. I think I will stick to beans, and veggies. I am at the gym maybe 5 hours a week. Hoping to be more successful. Anyone have any suggestions for sugar free food, not veggies or beans? Thanks!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I'm going back to school in August for human services. I'm 5'3" with 13-23 more lbs to lose, lost 9, so I started at 22-32lbs. Anyone is free to add me.
  • alexapatel
    alexapatel Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am a dental hygiene student! I go to class 5 days a week 8-5 and once a month we have to go on a Saturday.. making time/energy for the gym is difficult.