Fell off the wagon.. gained 5 lbs..

Options
I need some motivation and a push to keep going. Over the last few days i gain 5 lbs.. During the week i get up early and do a brisk 20 min walk on my treadmill since its still pretty icy outside. I know its not mussle cause i had a fat day sunday and last night i had a few pieces (6) of Nibs licorise, 100 cal pop corn and a stick of pepporoni that of course i didnt record.. What should i do to kick it up a knotch. i was at a platue again and i'm having issue getting off of it so i treated myself a bit so not to get to disapponted.. Now i just want to work my *kitten* off and get rid of the extra 5 lbs and then some..

Replies

• EmilyGMcK
    EmilyGMcK Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sounds like ur slip up is already motivating you coz you dont want to do it again!

Just take right now as a fresh start! don't think about what you need to loose just think about how much better you feel when your eating right and how much of a good feeling that is!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath log your slip up just to remind yourself and move forward. I doubt all 5 lbs are fat, probably mostly water. Those sticks of pepperoni are horribly salty. Keep moving.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The good news: there are 3500 cal/lb of fat. I doubt with that slip up you ate 17,500 calories. Like someone else said, you probably are retaining water from the salt in the pepperoni sticks and popcorn. Log it and get back on track! You CAN do it! :)
  • mamalizpdx
    Options
    Don't Feel Like The Lone Ranger.... (Liz is just back today after a really long time.) You are in great company! Hop back on! :bigsmile:
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had a bad weekend too. I went about 2000 over goal in total :0 I logged it, then the next day I worked out twice and I have been drinking a lot of water and I think the water weight from my french fry overload is gone! I just recommend boosting your workout a little bit and making sure you drink lots of water.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    The good news: there are 3500 cal/lb of fat. I doubt with that slip up you ate 17,500 calories. Like someone else said, you probably are retaining water from the salt in the pepperoni sticks and popcorn. Log it and get back on track! You CAN do it! :)
    Yeah, this ^. I highly doubt you gained 5 lbs of fat. You may have gained a little fat, but it will mostly be water retention (eating extra carbs and sodium will make you retain water) as well as the extra food/waste still being in your system. Don't try to punish yourself - maybe try to stop looking at it as a "wagon" that you can fall off. Just carry on as normal tomorrow (healthy normal, not "fat day" normal!) You don't need to kick it up a notch. By all means, add more exercise if you're interested in achieving different fitness goals, but not as a panic reaction to a water retention scale-gain that will be gone in a couple of days anyway.

This thing is going to take time, and the odd day here or there of over-eating is not going to prevent you from reaching a healthy weight. Just as having the odd day here or there of eating well won't make an obese person wake up thin. Getting angry with yourself, losing motivation and giving up is what will stop you getting there. Just keep going, one day at a time.
  • ppeaches21
    ppeaches21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! I do feel better and understand a bit more! I"m going to try and jog 20 mions morning and night and maybe some yoga too! Big plus!! I finally fit into my new Lululemon Hoddie!!
  • mechelemc
    mechelemc Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Very well said. Especially since I too have slipped a little. It happens we are human. Tomorrow is a brand new day!!!
  • sophia_grant
    Options
    Just minimize your meals, instead go having 5 pepperoni sticks. Have 5 carrot sticks. Or just eat less pepperoni. You'll do great. Go into settings and change your goal to 10 min of excersise a day you will lose 500 calories in a week! thats great! keep on working. And don't push to hard!