Zumba Calorie Calculator

Options
Hi Everyone!!!

I wanted to share this website that takes into consideration your weight, effort, and workout time to calculate about how many calories you would burn doing Zumba. Ive been addicted to Zumba for months (although I've had a bit of a dry spell - but I went back today and fell back in love!) and have used this to estimate the calories I burned.

Note: I work my BUTT off in the class and am drenched after the 2nd song, so I usually put my effort at "high." Ive seen some people in the class who half butt the dances and dont even break a sweat, so they would probably be "low" on the effort scale. Happy Zumba-ing!!

http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

Replies

• LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! thanks for sharing!
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Glad you shared this! I can't believe zumba doesn't come up under exercises on here. I had to create my own. It is so popular now. I go 3 days a week!
  • amhs7
    amhs7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! This works well. :smile:
  • christy3952
    christy3952 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I will be doing Zumba twice a week at work during my lunch hour. Starting November 6th.
    I can't wait. Zumba is so much fun and it burns a lot of calories.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Luckily I bought a Zumba game for my wii so it tells me how many calories I have burned. I have only done it twice so far (got the game Wednesday) and even the low intensity songs get me hot. Haven't broken a sweat yet as I am still learning the moves but so far love it. Can't wait until I get a good sweat on :-)
  • vertigokid
    Options
    According to another calorie app I have on my Samsung Tablet the numbers on both are different. It's called Calories Burned Calculator by Malay Patel. These have the Zumba on it but it's defined in the low to high category. I would like to know which one is which since I have both the Zumba DVD's. The intensity is different on all of these and I wouldn't consider any of these to be low impact. I have to rely on my pedometer to give me some what accurate results because the numbers on there are constant. I know for a fact that when I did both the Zumba beginner and the Zumba 20 minute express both of these on my pedometer stayed the same. With out doing the cool down on both, the Zumba beginner is 18 minutes and I burned 100 calories. It's a little over 1000 steps taken. With the 20 minute express I burned 148 calories. With these combined and done twice daily that's close to 500 calories burned. The Cardio Party without the cool down is 40 minutes. The calorie range was from 248 and up depending on how intense you get. One of the newer ones Exilharate and Ripped, these both burned over 400 calories and they're about 50-55 minutes without the cool down. The Zumba Rush, I'm not so sure but without the cool down it's 23 minutes and I'm guessing it's over 300 calories burned. I wish they had each Zumba style broken down so I would know how much calories I'm burning. I don't want to get excited about burning 400 calories when I may in fact be burning half of that.
  • curlyxshorty
    Options
    Yay thanks for posting!!!!! I wish my fitness pal could add it to exercises....

How accurate do you think this calculator is?
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!
  • jgear13
    jgear13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TinaL99
    TinaL99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks for posting!!!!! I wish my fitness pal could add it to exercises....

How accurate do you think this calculator is?

I've been using it for a couple of months now, using the "mid" intensity. I just got my HRM and it's calculating about 200 calories burned less than the online calculator. Still a great worokout and burn though!

ETA: It might be more accurate on "low" intensity but I certainly don't feel like I'm at a low intensity during a class!
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM, 5'9". 189 pounds, 44 years old, female, 50 minute zumba class is recording 800+ calories burned. (almost hit 1000 the other day - it varies based on my intensity of action)

ETA: anticipate that as I continue to lose weight, the calorie burn will reduce.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    It's wrong for me. It says I burn 500 calories in a mid-intensity 60 minute class. I have a heart rate monitor and it's not even close to that.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I prefer to use my heart rate monitor. That one never fails to give me a better idea. Websites don't take in the fact your heart rate may NOT get up that high at all. I know I can keep mine under 120bpm if I don't try hard enough during my workout. I do Zumba daily at home & a 40 in session will only burn around 250 for me.Going by the site...I'm burning almost 600. I don't think so.
  • CodieBear1
    CodieBear1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you! My first Zumba class is tomorrow, and I cannot wait!
  • Goldie2u2
    Goldie2u2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use it too but find it is a couple hundred calories generous..BUT I do not eat my exercise calories back so it's really just to give me an idea, a motivation..not to eat back every possibly calorie burned. Perhaps only eat 50% if that's what your looking to know the numbers for..then you can be safe. It would really suck to get such a good burn in and then waste it all by overeating!!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Not to be a "Debbie Downer" but wanted to make everyone aware that this estimate may not be very accurate. I wear a HRM when I am at my Zumba class and I am sweating about the 3rd song - we do 2 warm up songs. I feel sometimes I am working my butt off and others I feel like am slacking somewhat but in general I can burn anywhere from 450-550 per 60 min workout. I plugged my numbers in on this site and the calories to the closest burn was when I put in for a "LOW" burn, and even then it came in high. I just don't want those out there that eat back their exercise calories to use this as a reliable tool and then eat back those caloires and be eating too much. Just wanted to let everyone know.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for something like this!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    My HRM puts me 3-400 higher than what that calculator computes for burn.
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!!
  • ccastillo71
    ccastillo71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 12 pounds , however I have only been doing it for two weeks.