Breakfast..

Options
I am looking for some good but fast breakfast choices... I am not a morning person and needing something that is quick but filling.. This morning I tried the oatmeal thing, and I love oatmeal but it was way to many calories by the time I was done with it. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat kashi go lean with chia seeds and flax seed every morning. Love it and very filling!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some good but fast breakfast choices... I am not a morning person and needing something that is quick but filling.. This morning I tried the oatmeal thing, and I love oatmeal but it was way to many calories by the time I was done with it. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'll just ask this... and hopefully not come across as a jerk. But... what the heck were you putting in it to make it "too many calories"?! I eat 1.5 servings of plain oatmeal, add usually 2tsp of brown sugar to it, and... it's not that many at all...!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Leftovers.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options

I'll just ask this... and hopefully not come across as a jerk. But... what the heck were you putting in it to make it "too many calories"?! I eat 1.5 servings of plain oatmeal, add usually 2tsp of brown sugar to it, and... it's not that many at all...!

^^^This!

I remember reading a post on here before about a woman who said the very same and her oatmeal was like 500 calories?! Turns out it was the sheer quantity of oatmeal sh was eating that was the problem. Personally I think you need to look at your portion control.

I eat oats almost every day and use 1/2 cup of oats 1/2 cup of water 1/2 cup of Almond Milk (unsweetened) hen maybe some vanilla or brown sugar. It's never over about 320 cals and that's when i put seeds on top or something like that. My diary is open if you want to look. :-/
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I also eat 1/2 cup steel cut oats for 170 calories and add a small banana or cup of blueberries. Very filling and not a lot of calories.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Special K cereal.
    Scrambled eggs.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and fruit

or hard boil some eggs and eat them on the way to work.. very fast!
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    3 slices of deli turkey - put in frying pan. no oil necessary, the meat sweats out enough on its own.
    1 egg scrambled - once the turkey gets warmed up, take a handful of baby spinach and one large mushroom.
    put the scrambled egg on top of the turkey and then put the lid on. once the egg sets a bit fold over the turkey like a reverse omelette. super low calorie, super protein booster.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Granola, greek yogurt and honey is one of my favourite filling breakfasts or a fruit smoothie and a Special K cereal bar but during the week when I am on the go I tend to have a scone and butter, a homemade blueberry muffin, toast and jam or a hot cross bun and jam :)

Ax
  • Sjennings13
    Sjennings13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not a jerk at all.. I put 2 tsp butter and 2 tsp sugar and some milk.. I realize it is the butter and sugar that drives the calories up, but I can't eat it plain and I havent found a flavored oatmeal I like yet.. I am open to suggestions for ways to flavor the oatmeal better.. Of course I did make 2 servings this morning, so portions is part of it also.. But i did not eat all of it, little more then half.. But I logged it as all..
  • pengwynn26
    Options
    Post Grape Nuts Flakes and Activia peach yogurt, both 110 calories each = delish!
  • ItsmeLeahh
    Options
    I am not really a morning person so usually a piece of fruit or egg whites and toast.