Water ... does it still count if I put stuff in it?

Options
First off a big THANK you to all of those that have chatted with me today. I've learned a lot.

But...

One more question..

I drink tons of water daily (100-120 oz) but I almost always put Crystal Light (sugar free and usually 1/4 of what they say you should) or cranberry juice in it. I also drink oolong or green hot tea twice a day.

Is this okay? enough? Do I really have to drink plain water? And before anyone says it I don't like lemon or lime in my water....

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Count it. Or don't even bother - I don't.
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think if the calories are nil, I would just count it as water. IE, 5 calorie slim fast and you are using 1/4 of the packet, I would say you are okay. But try to alternate with maybe water flavored with fresh berries..Although nothing against the flavor mixes, I think it is still best to get in as much plain fresh water as possible. Hope that helps!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am under the belief that water doesn't magically change into some completely different substance when flavor is added. I count it. :drinker:
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to count it as water even if I add flavoring to it.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Add it to your water count for sure
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yes it's fine!
  • gabbs311
    gabbs311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YUP! :)
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    thanks for the topic I do the same thing too a lot of ppl on here tell me no just plain water
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You'd have to drink obscene volumes or tea or cranberry juice for the diuretic effect to outweigh the hydrating effect. You're fine.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that the Crystal Light doesn't have aspartame in it. A dietician friend told me that if you have too much aspartame it can make it hard to lose weight. Aspartame is in almost all sugar free items. Read, read, read your labels!!!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I also rarely drink plain water. On a normal day I drink crystal light, skim milk, diet cranberry juice, and green tea. When I have a decaf coffee on occasion I count that too.

-Kendra