Chicken, spinach, cucumbers, oh my!!

RushinBruisette
RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Looking for a recipe that includes chicken (boneless skinless), green peppers, onion. I also have tomatoes, red potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, apples, grapes, bananas, almonds, cucumbers, evoo, lemon, and baby carrots.I know, random foods, but just trying to get everyone an idea of what I have so it helps spark ideas. My lil bbq this weekend isn't gonna be a bbq, so I need to figure out the main dish. I've been searching online for a while now...any ideas I don't have to use all of these items, but they are what I currently have. At this point, I'm gonna grill up the chicken, thinly slice each, chop almonds for a topper, and drizzle some fresh lemon juice on them. Boil up some whole wheat pasta, cool it, and slice up tomatoes, green peppers, broccoli, cucumbers and mix with lemon juice and evoo and serve on a bed of baby spinach leaves. Maybe slice up my red and golden d apples and arrange on a serving dish with grapes. I don't know. I am serving my mother and my two brothers (10 and 13) and want to make sure they will eat, although, at this age, many kids are picky. Mom said she's bringing something as well, no clue what though. So any suggestions would be great! Thanks so much!!

Replies

• I was going to suggest making Shish-ka-bobs! The Chicken/Apples/Potatos/Peppers/Carrots/Onions......YUMMY!

You could also make a California blend of veggies.....Broccoli, cauliflower & carrots.

Make a refreshing pitcher of Cucumber Water for a splash of something different!

A fruit salad of apples, bananas, grapes and almonds mixed with yogurt!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Yes, the shish kabobs sound great and you could even do fruit kabobs for the kiddies (and adults) apples, banana, buy some marshmallows and then you could lightly drizzle some sugarfree or less sugar chocolate syrup over them.......mmmmmm. I think I have to go buy all that............lol You could crush up the almonds and roll the chicken in them and bake..............kids love crunchy chicken.
  • RushinBruisette
    Great ideas! Thanks ladies! Keep the ideas coming, I may combined a couple of y'alls ideas! :smile:
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    I was going to suggest kabobs too! Yum. I made some with the marinade below and they were a huge hit. The onions were super sweet from grilling. I also made some veggie ones with baby portabellas.

1/2 c. olive oil
    1/4 c. lemon juice
    1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 tbsp. soy sauce
    2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    5-6 slices onion
    1/2 tsp. oregano
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    You could easily do up a Chicken stir-fry you have so many yummy veggies that would work wonderfully. You could still use the whole wheat pasta - I like to serve mine over the WW Spaghetti.

I know my DH and I aren't big on cauliflower so I cut it up and boil it with potatoes and mash them all together. It's delicious!
  • Try allrecipes.com. Above the search bar, click on ingredients and put in the ingredients you want included in the recipe. I did a quick search and there's a bunch of recipes. The Oven Chicken Stew sounds like it would be really good and it looks really yummy in the picture. Good luck!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    I know I posted this to you personally, Bru, but I thought I would share with everyone.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Pepper-Steak/Detail.aspx

ONLY 248 CALORIES!

Kelly :bigsmile:
  • RushinBruisette
    Thanks all. I appreciate the help. This is one my friend just sent to me on fb...

I marinated two chicken breasts with a tomato vinaigrette, about 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, and 3 sliced cloves of garlic for about 2 hours. Then I cooked them in a skillet with evoo, 1/4 diced onion, 2 pressed cloves of garlic, and black pepper. Could easily add green peppers to the skillet too. I sliced mine into strips before marinating and cooking.
This discussion has been closed.