Chocolate cravings!!!!

Options

Replies

• sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I add a teaspoon of cocoa powder to my oatmeal in the morning and most times add a teaspoon or two of dark chocolate chips! Yummy
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I really like the Emerald Dark Chocolate Cocoa Roast Almonds........they taste like cocoa puff cereal :-) Gets the chocolate craving out of the way and gives me some good healthy stuff. If that doesnt' work I usually give in and have the chocolate :-)
  • sszbarber
    sszbarber Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Somethings that help:

-Sugar free Hershey mini bars,
    -chocolate chips in the freezer and just eat 5-10 chips
    -Chocolate pudding (sugar free or regular)
    -Fat free chocolate milk

But sometimes you just gotta have the real thing and just add it in to your calorie total and cut those calories somewhere else or work them off. Best of Luck!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i love the Fiber One Chocolate Brownie bars... only 90 calories & it satisfies my chocolate fix : )
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love a picnic bar. Wouldn't dream of cutting it out. So when I need it I pre log it and make rest of day fit. I maybe have one twice a week. Andi love chocolate. !!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I switched to dark chocolate and have never looked back.
    I now probably only have milk chocolate 2-3 times per month, if that and it's a rare treat I give myself if someone else offers me some. I just NEVER buy milk chocolate anymore. You'd be surprised at your own level of self control. And also, you learn to love dark chocolate. You just need to find the right % for you as some can be too bitter!

You also tend to eat less of it to be satisfied than you would milk chocolate.
    Sometimes I could eat an entire bar or milk chocolate (16 squares) but only 3-4 squares of dark chocolate.
  • smancini
    smancini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat a Vitatop deep chocolate muffin. They are healthy and delicious. Only 100 calories too!
  • luvriden
    luvriden Posts: 52
    Options
    Oh yeah, especially at night around 9:00pm, so I grab a Special K 100 cal Pastry Crisp and munch away. I will NOT give up chocolate, but have cut down and exercise a little more to make up for it :-)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    i have to have chocolate. If I try to cut it out, I binge. I plan for room in my calories to have chocolate every day.
  • gypsygurl73
    Options
    Can't cut it cuz I'd just find something the same (or worse) so I have the chocolate whatever in moderation & hold myself to doing better next time, even finding a substitute nutritionally so my brain doesnt want that treat specifically.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have switched to dark chocolate as well....dark chocolate covered almonds and I also like Brookside brand chocolate covered Acai berries....if you deprive yourself you will fail....just smarter choices....I would NEVER give up chocolate!
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't cut out something you LOVE! I adore chocolate so I buy the bag of Nestle dark chocolate chips and have a tablespoon or two when the craving hits! Sometimes I melt them, add a tbs of almond butter and 1/2 cup fiber one original cereal and make cookies...put them on wax paper and refrigerate..SO YUMMY, healthy and will definitely cure a chocolate craving!!
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate over 70% cocoa will satisfy the chemical craving that you're having (a valuable tidbit I learned at a wine and chocolate tasting!). I like the Ghirardelli dark chocolate, and it comes at different intensities. Only 1 square followed by a few minutes of patience, and my cravings disappear!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I like the snack sized bars.... Plan 50 calories or so a day for it and it will help the cravings.... Try to cut it out completely and you will end up stuffing yourself with it.
  • cherioh
    cherioh Posts: 6
    Options
    Ghirardelli's 60% cocoa chocolate chips--80 cals for 20g...I let them melt in my mouth. 15 to 20 minutes of lovely chocolate in my mouth. I put them in the back of the pantry to keep them out of sight and mind, but when the craving hits they satisfy big time. I have found that if I can postpone the craving a little longer each day, I do not crave chocolate as much, and now I can survive a day or two without it.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I came up with a solution to this... Nutella Lollies - take one teaspoon, weigh it empty (or reset your scales to zero with it on them) then scoop out a level teaspoon of Nutella with it and re-weigh so you can log the correct amount in your diary. Lick slowly until it's gone - I can make it last around 5 minutes - and you'll find your craving has gone for a lot fewer calories than a bar of chocolate would cost you. Great for TOM when you sometimes feel that you MUST have chocolate!

I can't keep chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc in the house because they'd constantly haunt me, but for some reason Nutella in the cupboard doesn't bother me so it's always there.

• Carnal_Desire
    Carnal_Desire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been using Fudge royale slim fast drinks and Adkinds chocolate protein drinks as my chocolate fix but with all the easter candy out its not working as well as it did.. Its very hard to resist.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips. That's my go-to. It takes less of it to satisfy the craving...and it's actually good for you in moderation.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I love think thin protein bars which they have chocolate, chocolate crunch, peanut butter, etc. Also, chocolate whey protein shake.
  • connette51
    connette51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber One Brownies. 90 Calories each with a glass of skim milk.