headaches

Options
Okay, random question: I have been exercising hard, eating better, sleeping a full 8 hours and drinking plenty of water. My energy is increasing, I am losing weight and over all, I feel better. Except one thing: since I started trying to lose weight, over 3 weeks now, I have been having headaches. They vary in intensity but always come at the same time - right after exercising, every time. Anybody have any ideas why?

Replies

• badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You may need to replenish the sodium/electrolytes in your body after excersizing. This can cause headaches.

Try some Emerency-C during/post workout.
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was going to say it may be due to your lower electrolytes, Could also be down to low blood sugar OR low Potassium,, I used to get Headaches and Dizzyness just after mine, I try to eat a banana just before a full hard workout if I've not had a satisfying breakfast ( around 400 Cals)
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your caffeine intake? That could add to the issue as well.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's feedback on this. I do drink caffeine, but my intake has not changed. I actually use EmergenC. I have low blood sugar but have had it long enough to know what a low blood sugar headache feels like, this is totally different. These are very sharp headaches. I have never heard of the potassium deficiency causing headaches, I will remedy this right away and see if it helps.
    Thanks again.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Health Insurance company wants me and all my family to have a physical and I got an appointment for Friday. I will see what the doctor has to say about it.