Think I made myself sick??

Options
I started this diet 5 days ago, and I've lost 6 pounds in that time. The problem is that now I feel really sick. What am I doing wrong??

Replies

• mjizzle1986
    mjizzle1986 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What type of diet was it?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Probably depends what you're doing or maybe you're just getting sick.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? I know I feel like crap and have no energy if I'm undereating and not getting all of my nutrients.
  • justlittlem
    Options
    Your diary isn't public so what are you eating?
    And what diet is it?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I started this diet 5 days ago, and I've lost 6 pounds in that time. The problem is that now I feel really sick. What am I doing wrong??
    Very hard to tell on such limited information. What are you eating, and how much of it?
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yep, need more info. Everyone already asked what diet and what are you eating but feeling "sick" is also pretty generic. Do you have a stuffy nose? Vomiting? Dizzy?
  • purserwife87
    Options
    I made my diary public, sorry about that. I'm really lightheaded and feel wobbly, I have no interest in eating, and when I try to eat everything tastes like cardboard.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I made my diary public, sorry about that. I'm really lightheaded and feel wobbly, I have no interest in eating, and when I try to eat everything tastes like cardboard.
    Well you could try eating a bit more (especially more than you did yesterday). Honestly though, sounds like you might be ill. Lightheaded & wobbly could be a sign that you're not eating enough, and not eating enough can lead to a reduced appetite, but everything tasting of cardboard... that doesn't sound too good.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    From looking at your diary you seem to be on the low cal crap food diet. Big bowl of ice cream is dinner? You most likely have your calories set too low and the nutrition of your food is questionable. I thought you might be having some sugar withdrawals but don't think that's the case!
  • justlittlem
    Options
    bump
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

That's how I get right before I get slammed by a sinus infection! That definitely makes EVERYTHING taste like cardboard.
  • Jadetaft
    Jadetaft Posts: 19
    Options
    By looking at your diary it seems to me that your not eating enough calories, and eating ice cream for dinner can't be good? I'd try eating 3 squares meals a day, add more veg into your diet especially at dinner an be sure to drink plenty of water. I'm not in no way an expert but this is just common sense.
    Hope you feel better soon!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

That's how I get right before I get slammed by a sinus infection! That definitely makes EVERYTHING taste like cardboard.

^ this.
    I think you are getting sick and unfortunately it's come right after you've begun healthy eating so it seems linked.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You are probably eating way too few calories for your activity level. Your protein levels are way too low as well! Check out "In Place of a Roadmap." This will help you find an appropriate number of calories to eat while losing weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'd say the answer lies somewhere between 'amputate' and 'see a doctor'.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Eat some food. Your body needs nutrients/vitamins/minerals to function. The last couple days you ate like 800 and 500 calories. Especially eat more if you are working out.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What makes you think it's the diet and not just a virus?