Replies

• jwiley78
    jwiley78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That depends on which model you buy.
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can't say for sure that every single HRM out there has a calorie couting component in it, but most of them do. I use the Polar FT7.
  • Princess_RaeRae
    Options
    Yes. You input a lot of information about yourself and then strap it on. Generally you have a watch and it will tell you how many calories you have burned from the beginning on by considering your statistics and the rate of your heart during the exercise.
  • 62clpowell
    62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Does a Heart Rate Monitor tell you how many calories you burnt doing an activty

The heart monitor that I have is a watch, hrm, and keeps track of the calories I burn, my husband found it on amazon for about $30 hope this helps :wink:
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F40. I entered all of my personal data & did a fitness test to get my resting HR & when I exercise it tells me when I'm in fat burning mode or in fitness mode. When I'm done it tells me how much time I spent in each zone & how many calories I burned. I can also use it as a timer & stop watch. Love it!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I recommend getting one with a chest band as it is more accurate. I have the Polar FT4. It is affordable and not too many bells and whistles.
  • foxy59lady
    foxy59lady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT7 this week from Amazon and have fallen in love with it already. It keeps track of my calories burned and average and maximum heart rate during my exercise. I find it much more accurate in determining calories burned. It was worth the investment. It takes a bit to enter your initial data but then easy to figure out. :smile:
  • foxy59lady
    foxy59lady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT7 this week from Amazon and have fallen in love with it already. It keeps track of my calories burned and average and maximum heart rate during my exercise. I find it much more accurate in determining calories burned. It was worth the investment. It takes a bit to enter your initial data but then easy to figure out. It has a strap that fits around your chest that sends data to the watch. Hope this helps:happy:
  • badbradley
    badbradley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After reading this post and general on line info, I bought a polar ft7. My runs that MFP was clocking at burning 450 calories are showing a burn of 562 with the HRM.
    This model is very easy to use. And you can go to their online site to keep track of your data and enter customized exercises like squat thrusts, obstacle/steeple chase type runs, etc.