Help need major support

Options
Right now I am going through a rough time a lot of stress at home and work. I have been eating a lot of empty calories due to all the stress. I need the support now more than anything. I have not been doing my exercising as I should be its been a little here and a little there. I just need to know there are others out there going through the same thing. I have no where else to turn. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    You are most definitely not alone. Stress can definitely sabotage even the best of efforts. For me, I have to make exercising a priority in my day. It's hard because sometimes I lose motivation. But I just tell myself, do I force myself to go to work? Then I should force myself to exercise. It's that important. Also, I keep "empty calories" out of my house. A trick I use? Peppermint or cinnamon tea. Or if I'm needing a crunch, I just grab a cucumber and start eating it whole.

Don't get discouraged. You can do this. When you get frustrated, write down your thoughts or come on here and write. It might help you get through that "moment of weakness". 14 lb lost is a great accomplishment. Keep it going!
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    I joined myfitnesspal yesterday.
    Back in December 2009 I joined a gym - I probably manage to get there once a week (if I'm lucky) - which is not good - but I run my own business from home with my husband & that always takes priority. Or is that just an excuse...
    In January I set myself a weight loss goal by the end of June. I reckon I'm the same now as I was then, if not slightly heavier.

So, basically, yes, there are plenty of people out there who are going through the same thing - but maybe for a different reason.
    I'm not looking to go on a diet - I want to have a lifestyle change so that I can still enjoy food & not feel I'm depriving myself.

If I read the info correctly (as I said I'm new here) - you have lost 14lbs so far which is a fantastic achievement. Whilst you may not be doing as much exercise as you like - you are still doing some - which is better than nothing.

Try & think back to why you want to lose the weight & re focus - everyone goes through bad patches, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Happy to have you add me as a friend for future mutual support !
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks for the support it is really appreciated.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The past two weeks have been exactly the same for em. Stress, eating, weight gain. Just be sure to keep all snack foods out of the house. Take steps to reduce your stress (easier said than done I know) and remember that this difficult time will pass and things will get easier. I went to my homeopath this week and he recommended valerian root for the stress which has worked wonders. I also treated myself to a massage which also really helped.

I'm starting to feel a little less stressed and so can you. Add me as a friend if you like
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Don't be afraid to ask for help from those around you. You may be surprised.

If that fails, turn the the MFP nation!
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    I have recently come out of a difficult time and can agree that life sometimes seems to get in the way of good intentions.

I have learned though, that prioritising YOU for 30 minutes a day minimum is a great help when trying to deal with stressful situations. Put a time in your diary everyday for this time to yourself and do something positive with it - and remember if you had arranged an appointment with a friend you wouldn't let them down - so why would you let yourself down?

As to the empty calories. Get them out of the house as much as possible but don't be too hard on yourself if life is already being hard enough.

The light WILL appear at the end of the tunnel and then you'll be able to up your game again.

Take care and good luck

Luc x
  • xmikeyw
    xmikeyw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good job Paul!
    I have been trying to lose weight and get into better phyiscal condition I have acheived the second but not the first
    Stress at home and at work are big factors, I losst 25 pounds before X mas and am now I am stuck at about 225-230 for 6 months
    I have completed 120 days of P 90X and the weight won't come off even with clean eating ( most of the time)

Any sugestions?

Mike
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    Persevere and make sure you eat your exercise calories else the body'll start hoarding
  • lilhdawg
    lilhdawg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Shake off past mistakes - there is forgiveness! Just make one good decision today. Then make another. Take them one at a time and trust that you can achieve your bigger goals as a result of a bunch of little good decisions.
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks for all your support
  • jems11021
    jems11021 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am such a stress eater I understand complete:smile: ly. Maybe we can help eachother.
  • xmikeyw
    xmikeyw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks you are so right