College Help!!

Options
htiafyenaffit
htiafyenaffit Posts: 64 Member
Okay so this is all a little embarassing to me but im stuck and I don't have anyone around me whos gone to college to help me so Im coming to good ol mfp for help.

I went to college in 09 for 8 months and withdrew because it wasn't what I wanted since I have been paying my loans off on a monthly payment to 3 different collectors! I attempted consolodation but it wasnt for me.

about 6 months ago my financial situation changed so I put them on a forbearance .... or so I thought

2 of them was on a forbearance the third apparently did not go into forbearance for what reason I do not know from looking through my emails and such I have no attempts to contact me but obviously they had to somehow

I applied for another loan because i decided to go back to school they said everything was fine until I got my award letter and it was litterally like "congratulations below is your awarded amount ...... BLANK SPACE" so i called and they told me that one of my loans went into default WTH?! my classes start in june I have to have classes paid either with financial aid or out of pocket by april 18th and in order to get financial aid I have to pay 1700 cash to get my loan out of default!

Im just so screwed right now I don't have any clue what to do and really there may not be much advice to give but I'll take anything I can get ... unless its mean then don't worry over it thanks :D

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Mrs degree overnight?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    So what ur saying is you need idea's on how to come up with 1700$ ? :huh:

1.Selling stuff on Craigslist.org
    2.Selling stuff on Ebay
    3.Get a freelance job
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    What about asking you family?
  • htiafyenaffit
    Options
    Ha I guess so! I've gone that route beleive me not going to get any help from any one around me maybe a little loan from a friend is all guess id better start selling my stuff haha
  • DirtyHammer
    DirtyHammer Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    College is lame anyway... Jokes... Maybe argue the ears off of the loan peeps that it was supposed to be in forbearance until you get what you want. Works sometimes with bank type people.. Otherwise, def strap up and sell your goods. House goods that is...
  • Krissy563
    Krissy563 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to the financial aid office at your school? They should have a good idea of the various resources available for someone in your situation.
  • TyelinDesu
    Options
    If you want to sell your car, I'll buy for $1,000... If it's worth it... ^___^
  • htiafyenaffit
    Options
    I think im going to just beg and get 1,700 people to donate a dollar do you think that will take long haha
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    In about the same boat as you with the whole going back to school and having loans. I transferred to a different school to keep costs down after being off for over 3 semesters. As well as a change in major study.

And currently, I know how hard it is to get jobs at this time and how difficult it can be to try and raise the money to get what you need. And balancing loans.

I wish I could offer advice, but I do wish you the best of luck with dealing with the loan handlers and finical aid. Like others have said, try selling stuff or finding odd jobs for people you can do.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    So what ur saying is you need idea's on how to come up with 1700$ ? :huh:

1.Selling stuff on Craigslist.org
    2.Selling stuff on Ebay
    3.Get a freelance job

This or try to get a private loan. Maybe have someone co-sign on a loan.... fam/friends?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    College is lame anyway... Jokes... Maybe argue the ears off of the loan peeps that it was supposed to be in forbearance until you get what you want. Works sometimes with bank type people.. Otherwise, def strap up and sell your goods. House goods that is...

This. If you took the steps to put the loan in forbearance then there was a mistake somewhere on their end. I would be making phone calls.
  • htiafyenaffit
    Options
    Thanks guys so far my days has been spent on the phone we are getting things into order! I still might use the tips to sell my things as a back up plan lol